Klinsk

Huh?

55 posts in this topic

My IP on whatsmyip.com is always something different.

But I'm gonna try this stuff tomorrow. Taking a nap and getting ready for work :D

My IP on whatsmyip.com is always something different.

But I'm gonna try this stuff tomorrow. Taking a nap and getting ready for work :D

That is because your IP is something different, if your IP is highly dynamic use a Dynamic DNS to resolve it.

I downloaded "No IP" but I have absolutely no idea how to work with it :D

EDIT: apparently I created a host

The host klinsk.no-ip.biz resolving to 87.67.63.67 has successfully been added to our system. New additions will take up to 5 minutes to become live on our DNS servers.

:)

In the recent picture, you have 2 different IPs: 146 in the dialog box and 136 in ipconfig..

Follow these steps and report back:

-Set the ports in ApexDC

-Go to the TCP/IP properties of your network connection

-Set IP address to 192.168.1.136

-Change your gateway and dns to your router's address which appears to be 192.168.1.1

-Now click Ok twice

-Go to http://192.168.1.1

-Go to the forwarding page and make sure you have forwarded the same ports that are on ApexDC

-The IP you should forward to is 192.168.1.136

-Hit apply or done on that page

-Open up connections tab in ApexDC settings

-Type 192.168.1.136 to the bind address section where it says network interface for all connections

-Delete everything that is written in external/wan IP box

-Hit OK

-Exit ApexDC and restart your router

-Once the router is back up, open up ApexDC and have fun downloading

I have the feeling that these settings are highly latent. Took effect on my setup after 3 minutes or even more. Gosh, it is awful, I haven't noticed until the router change... And Strong DC 2.1 still can't connect in active, true I haven't "tortured" SDC so much.

OK, I did what Ashar said, except for configuring the TCP/IP stuff in my I'net connection. That wasn't really necessary, BUT...

I got a few search results on the word "Armin van Buuren" (which is a famous trance DJ and I'm connected to the ASOT hub and Microdots) which means I should get at least 2000 results (even more), I only got 380.

My second attempt on searching for something else failed, and I'm back where I started: hubs suddenly disconnecting me (ping timeout, or something, "the external host has lost the connection" (translated in English))

/gasps

Re-set your network address back to 0.0.0.0.

Check your router for a Dynamic DNS label, if so go into there are set up according (you'll need to enter the hostname you quoted above and you username and password). Then click update.

After that, reboot your router.

If you do not have that label, download No-IP DUC and enter your details in there.

Now, into the external/Wan IP Box in Apex enter your host name with the relevant ports (keep the port settings the same as you have at mo, do not alter them). Once you've done that, save your settings and restart Apex and you should be good to go.

I'm pretty much set up exactly as Ashar described. I'm on cable and my external IP is very stable, so I have not seen the need to use a dynamic dns service on ApexDC, although I am using one for a hub I'm setting up. I'm quite new on the DC scene and so far, I have never had any problems registering, connecting, searching, downloading and uploading through roughly 5 or 6 private hubs. I've been following this thread and, just to go through Klinsk's steps, I connected to the microdots hub and searched for "Armin van Buuren". I got roughly 1100 hits. When I tried to download one file, I got this message:

[14:02:53] <VerliHub> Your reported IP: 192.168.0.110 does not match your real IP: 24.xx.xx.xxx

[14:02:53] *** Redirect request received to a hub that's already connected

[14:02:53] *** Disconnected

I've never seen this message before. Every time I try downloading a file on microdots, I get the same message. What is the problem? More importantly, what is the solution?

Thanks.

EDIT: I just found the problem: Ashar suggested to "delete everything that is written in external/wan IP box", which I did a couple of hours ago. If I put my external IP address in that box, then I don't get the above message from microdots and I can download normally :)

Isn't it possible to setup WITHOUT DNS?

It depends on how frequently your external IP changes. If you're on DSL and you rarely restart ApexDC, it could be a good idea to set yourself up with a dynamic dns. However, you can also try simply checking the "Update IP on startup" box and see if it works for you.

You also said above that you "did what Ashar said, except for configuring the TCP/IP stuff in my I'net connection." IMHO, Ashar's instructions regarding your local address configuration were right:

-Go to the TCP/IP properties of your network connection

-Set IP address to 192.168.1.136

-Change your gateway and dns to your router's address which appears to be 192.168.1.1

-Now click Ok twice

I don't see how your local IP address can be configured properly otherwise.

I mostly use ApexDC to connect to a LAN server so that is why I did not have the issue of the external IP. It appears you are right, in the external IP address box, put the IP of your internet connection, you can check it at http://www.whatismyip.com

Isn't it possible to setup WITHOUT DNS?

Yes, manually input you IP into the WAN/IP box and change it everytime it changes.

Yes, manually input you IP into the WAN/IP box and change it everytime it changes.

Or use "Get IP address" button, not many clients have it, so use our pride. :) And also checking "Update IP on startup" will never hurt, can be unchecked for static IPs tho.

Or use "Get IP address" button, not many clients have it, so use our pride. :thumbsup: And also checking "Update IP on startup" will never hurt, can be unchecked for static IPs tho.

However, if you IP changes while your on DC it will not work.

naamloosya1.jpg

naamloos2iy7.jpg

* TCP and UDP ports are connected

* My external WAN/IP is correct

Still doesn't work...

Maybe I have to delete my TLS? I also noticed a size of -1b while trying to download a filelist (every filelist has that same size).

I upgraded to the 1.0.0 B5 version.

It looks pretty good to me, but you're not showing us your router settings. When you click "Check connection" in the ApexDC connection settings, what do you get?

Regarding TLS, I uncheck the three TLS options in the Advanced Security window.

Has this ever worked for you, with a different version of ApexDC or with a different DC client?

It looks pretty good to me, but you're not showing us your router settings. When you click "Check connection" in the ApexDC connection settings, what do you get?

Regarding TLS, I uncheck the three TLS options in the Advanced Security window.

Has this ever worked for you, with a different version of ApexDC or with a different DC client?

I already stated that both ports were connected. It has worked before with DC++ 0.691 (but it resulted in the same effects as with ApexDC++).

Regardless of which client I use, it has to work. I'm not giving up.

naamloosvr8.jpg

Should you not be entering those settings under firewalls instead of under virtual server?

That looks more like it, forward the ports from there, not from Virtal server as per previous.

That looks more like it, forward the ports from there, not from Virtal server as per previous.
You're right, that looks more like it. I checked on www.portforward.com yesterday and their recommendation for Phillips routers was to use the Virtual Server page to forward the ports. On my D-Link router, I use the Firewall page as you suggested and it works fine.

This is what my router manual says about the Virtual Server feature: The device can be configured as a virtual server so that remote users accessing services such as Web or FTP services via the public (WAN) IP address can be automatically redirected to local servers in the LAN network. Depending on the requested service (TCP/UDP port number), the device redirects the external service request to the appropriate server within the LAN network.

It sounds like it should also work with a Virtual Server setup. Any idea why it doesn't?

Thanks.

The reason will be, the virtual server settings are for internal requests, not external.

For example, if you wanted to set a LAN hub up for users connecting to your PC within the home lan only virtual server would be useful. But as the connection you are making is external, virtual server will not work.

The reason will be, the virtual server settings are for internal requests, not external.

For example, if you wanted to set a LAN hub up for users connecting to your PC within the home lan only virtual server would be useful. But as the connection you are making is external, virtual server will not work.

It makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Euhm any idea how to set up? lol. I don't know what they mean by [number] ~ [number].

Also, I only can select one option ("Always blocking") on my Scheduling Rule (Ref. Schedule Rule Page):

EDIT: the Help function on my router isn't very clarifying :)