Mikey

User Commands

24 posts in this topic

Recently with the new builds of Apex we now have submenued usercommands. This gets on your nerves especially when you OP in a hub and the commands are submenued anyhow. As I understand this could be a useful feature to some users I was wondering about putting a setting in to allow you to choose if you wanted this style or not. Just a thought as I have lost dramatic speed in my right clicks in the hubs because of this. It takes longer to go through a submenu then another and another to get to what I want.

Edited by Mikey

Recently with the new builds of Apex we now have submenued usercommands. This gets on your nerves especially when you OP in a hub and the commands are submenued anyhow. As I understand this could be a useful feature to some users I was wondering about putting a setting in to allow you to choose if you wanted this style or not. Just a thought as I have lost dramatic speed in my right clicks in the hubs because of this. It takes longer to go through a submenu then another and another to get to what I want.

I understand your point, but it looks so much neater in a submenu.

I have no objection if it's a submenu and not forced, least that way i can keep it submenu'd cuz i like it that way.

I am even pissed off because of this too, and had a PM with Crise about it. There is nothing easier than putting a submenu via the User commands itself (User Commands in the beginning of all). But there is no way of removing it now.

So no takes or what? Are we barking at the wind to have this added a choice feature and not forced to use this style?

I think, it should be without submenu by default, and user can activate submenu, if he want.

arrrgh... :thumbsup:

Because it's tidier?

Yeah, because it's tidier. :thumbsup:

Tidier... May be. For some users... But not for all.

Some users wants first... Another wants second... And good developer should make options for them all © me :thumbsup:

Time is of limitation, we can't just implement every feature that is asked for, that = bloat.

Tidier... May be. For some users... But not for all.

Some users wants first... Another wants second... And good developer should make options for them all © me :thumbsup:

Maybe but a developer also has to think how stuff looks as code....

Maybe but a developer also has to think how stuff looks as code....

I can understand what you are saying here Crise allthough we aren't asking for it to be remove totally. We are asking to have an option to create the submenu or not create the submenu. Now C++ is not my choice of coding but surely adding a small feature like that couldnt cause that much of an issue in the code could it? I await patiently for your feedback as I am not a C++ coder and interested to hear your answer to this. :)

Umm, this is how some Apex users turn to the dark side and start using cheating mods just for one-two features.

Umm, this is how some Apex users turn to the dark side and start using cheating mods just for one-two features.

I really think that has nothing to do with the request or the questions at hand.

Yes, it could be not related. But just imagine if it is. :)

Agree, it can't be difficult :)

I love these sorts of comments, How do you know?

If you dont code your own application, how can you possibly know what is and is not hard.

I love these sorts of comments, How do you know?

If you dont code your own application, how can you possibly know what is and is not hard.

I know: delphi, java, php, lua, perl, c++. :) And wrote a lot of some applications (include my own dc hub).

Option to create or not to create submenu... It's simple, i think.

Right Satan, but now I have some common idea of coding, even have to make a simple application. And since we have the code (used before), it is hard for me to believe it is difficult. And Crise didn't said it is, he just said something about clean code. If this will improve stability, fine. But if will just look cleaner for the CPU, and CPU doesn't care about few lines, why? We upgrade the hardware to let us have more functional apps with more complex code. Why stepping back? :P

I know: delphi, java, php, lua, perl, c++. :P And wrote a lot of some applications (include my own dc hub).

Option to create or not to create submenu... It's simple, i think.

It is easy, I just don't want to do it... because when it is done without submenu the menu has to be cleaned after each display... while with submenu it is just a matter of destroying the submenu.