Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sergeo7

[workaround] New Media Player Classic builds

8 posts in this topic

There is a problem with new MPC bulds - ApexDC is not showing video name in spam message. Is there any workaround for this except using old version?

I wasn't aware of this, will have to take a look into it. Thanks for reporting it. For the moment I doubt there is any workaround.

They still make MPClassic builds? The whole idea of classic is well, it's classic, i.e. what they used to use, it no longer exists, at least not within ms iirc.

They still make MPClassic builds? The whole idea of classic is well, it's classic, i.e. what they used to use, it no longer exists, at least not within ms iirc.

MPC is not developed by Microsoft, the only reason it exists is the simplistic interface is all that is needed to play movies, the back end has been changed to make it better at actually playing files. There's some things I like about the user interface which I miss when using VLC.

Project Homepage

Actually, the most new builds are at other page. They don't really bother to update it in original project's (don't know why).

PS: And there is one more problem with the MPC spam, I forget to mention before - it isn't showing local non-english codepage letters, just an english ones (the codepage has been set up properly and everywhere else they displays correctly).

When debugging I found that this (a bit modified from original, to know whats going on) code:

CComPtr<IEnumFilters> pEF;

HRESULT hr = pFG->EnumFilters(&pEF);

returns error hr = 0x80070725 AKA Incompatible version of the RPC stub - "Unhandled Exception." or RPC_X_WRONG_STUB_VERSION

Further research has shown that problem maybe not in MPC but in some new codecs from "k-lite mega pack". Uhh.. I don't understand what MPC's doing in DirectShow filter query and how a codecs may break something T_T

Further research has shown that problem maybe not in MPC but in some new codecs from "k-lite mega pack". Uhh.. I don't understand what MPC's doing in DirectShow filter query and how a codecs may break something T_T

The ddraw.h I compiled b5 with was out of date... at least now it seems to work as expected for me with updated file.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0