Lee

World Cup 2006

12 posts in this topic

Germany 4 - 2 Costa Rica

I thought it was a decent opening game of the tournament. Although Germany showed weakness in their defence, they coped with Costa Rica and managed to score two excellent goals. During the game, you could see the new ball swerved and curled more than any other.. goalkeepers will have to keep an eye on that. ;)

So, post your comments and discuss the world cup! ;)

IMHO it was really a nice match, with many beautiful goals. Due to the fair play the "clean" playtime was long enough to allow various cute combinations and attacks, mostly for the Germans, but not only. I wish we see more such struggles to the final incl. ;)

my pick to win the cup will be argentina

Yeah, they were very enjoyable to watch.

<- isn't a soccer fan...

<- has no TVset

But, guess, it'd be better if Germany wins, since I am in Germany.

Many people root for Trinidad... yeah, rite...

ENGLAND QUALIFY

Peter Crouch and Steven Gerrard spared England's blushes with late goals against Trinidad & Tobago to book their place in the last 16 of the World Cup.

Crouch, who had missed several chances, met David Beckham's right-wing cross to power a header past Shaka Hislop. Gerrard wrapped it up in stoppage time with a stunning left-foot drive after England made hard work of the contest. Wayne Rooney did come on, but it was fellow subs Stewart Downing and Aaron Lennon who turned the game for England.

England FTW!

We won't win, but we'll try to the end, heh go England!

(I'm not much of a footy fan either - but still gonna support my national team obviously.)

hahaha, nice ones :-p

Zizou sure ****ed up his carrer with that move..

Sure, man has to control his actions under ANY circumstances. Although I'm sure that there was some provocation, this WAS NOT the way to respond.

Edited by Zlobomir