Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darkins

obaint 2Kb/s free in upload

5 posts in this topic

Hi... after bittorrent i'm back to dc and again on apex... :huh:

well... i request an option to obtain a certain (poor) quantity of upload bandwich... let me have just 2 kilobyte to send my ACKs :crying:

Why? When i download, i cannot use my browser because of continuos timeout. My line has 4Mb (~400Kb) in down and just 30Kb in up..... so if i use the upload limit at just 28kb, my download will be 200Kb... in this case for having only 2 kb of upload to surf the net, i waste 200kb for my download.

What do u think about this need? Imho 2k suck in down but sounds like gold in upload...

i have thought 2 possible solutions... increase the multiplier from 7x to Nx ( i dunno... but u have to consider the ratio between up and down of the most popoular adsl... i'm not sure it is the best way... :unsure: ) or u can improve your client with a flag to obtain the 2kb without descreas the speed of download (but in this case the client has to know the total of bandwich available... i'm unsure...).

i'd like to know ur opinion :shifty:

bye...

Well the limiter will stay as is, so just use it. We cannot allow user's to change multipliers cuz it will make Apex a leecher client.

Well the limiter will stay as is, so just use it. We cannot allow user's to change multipliers cuz it will make Apex a leecher client.

yes... i know it isn't a good way.... and i have said it yet

but the answer is: r u a leech if u want to reserve just 2 kb of ur bandwich? imho who downloads from u doesn' t realise the difference (but my browser and my download do it)... in this case u sholdn't feel a leech... shouldn't it?

darkins: try to "shape" your traffic ( by protocol, by application )

http://www.google.hu/search?source=ig&...aping&meta=

( i use cfos speed for this like i suppose many others from this forum ... and if you try ... you'll see it's not even a huge money for this useful tool to pay ... considering the licence is for a lifetime )

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0