Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryouko

Fair Download speeds for everyone

4 posts in this topic

On the hub where I spend most of my time, I almost never have all my slots empty. When people are downloading from me, most of the time one person seems to be hogging all of the bandwidth from the other 2 downloaders (3 slots). So one person is downloading at 90% of my upload speed and the others are sharing the other 10%. I know that it is not just that they have slow connections because right when the fast one finishes, the bandwidth then divides between the others. I couldn't find any options that would let me limit the download speed per person. The best solution would be to have it set to ((max download speed)/(upload slots - open slots)).

I think this idea aint bad. How about a secondary limiter which goes per user (additionally to the global limiter)?

So the faster downloader wont use all the bandwidth and leave only a tiny rest for the others.

EDIT: Probably not as great as i first thought

Not so bad, Teo. :) No more than X Kb per IP or socket ? Could be nasty for users w/o real IP, but imo having a real IP address is already obligatory if one is trying to P2P.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0