Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RuBeLL

Search Problem on Windows Vista

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i got a problem on ApexDC++ 1.0.0B4. :)

I'm on Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit and the search function doesn't work at all. I can download and upload any file but when i search something it returns blank results. Here is a screenshot of my connection settings. Is this a problem related to windows vista or there's something wrong in the configuration ?

Thanks in advance :)

Have you tried with one and the same TCP and UDP port nos?

i had the same problem (apex b4, vista bussiness 32), and even though i thoroughly configured my firewall, everything worked fine (download, upload, filelists) except searching. so when i actually shut down the firewall, searching mysteriously started working. after some while, firewall mysteriously started letting through my search requests so now everything works just fine. go figure.

btw, i'm using pc tool firewall plus.

i guess my advice is to shut down everything internet related and try again. good luck!

TCP, UDP need to be same port number and also forwarded correctly.

If you have dynamic IP, launch Apex got to conneciton settings and update IP, close Apex and open again then search is working.

OR just get DyDNS or NO-IP account and add a static domain name to your dynamic IP, which will permanently fix your problem.

TCP and UDP do not need to be the same btw, but you can try it for troubleshooting. I use TCP and UDP different.

Some Routers just have 1 field to enter a port number on TCP&UDP, as does mine so i need to have those same.

Ok, that can happen.. OR just enter two same ports in Apex. You choose.. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0