twistedsam

file lists of users with colers

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently stop useing Fuldc++, and now that i'm using ApexDC++ , i love it, great stuff,

Although i mis 1 big thing.

When i download a users filelist, i could see what files i already had download from him, the once that where in my share then.

THose files and folders where giving another color, so could you see wichonce you already downloaded and shared.

It was also in the search window, you would see the items you got already shared.

already shared files are marked as dupes in file lists and search frame,

This would be a great feature,

I hope someone will do something about that.

For the rest, great software.

Best Regards, Sam :mellow:

THose files and folders where giving another color, so could you see wichonce you already downloaded and shared.

It was also in the search window, you would see the items you got already shared.

This is really a great feature!

Why are there no answers on that post?

btw, i vote also for a coloring of the files you have downloaded jet, and not shared (different colour). There are so many files out there where the filename sounds good. Then you download the file, recognize that it is broken/fake/oldgrannyvid/whatever and delete it. And then you see it uncoloured again and download it.....and so on. It´s just worse to download these files again and again.....

On this way you download other caps/cuts/formats of a file that you are already sharing again and again, too.

It´s very hard to find files, that are new for me, without features like this ones.

Mfg, Stefan

(I´m german, so no better English available, sorry)

I agree, this is a feature that I actually do not understand why not more clients have,

as far as I know the only other client that has implemented this feature is (was?) AirDC.

This feature will reduce the search performance a lot. It has to be experts only configurable in my opinion.

it has nothing to do with search performance, it only colours the lines differently. Thats all

Yep, and even showing this way in searchs doesn't affect search performance. SDC (and presumably Apex) used to have it, where did it go?

SDC only has coloring for alternates... apex has other coloring options too, and they haven't gone anywhere afaik

I seem to remember SDC coloring files you already had in green.....

Well not sure if it does that today, but when I added that in Apex it didn't anyways...

to make this request complete, i will write down a way i will vote for. The files and folders should be coloured in the other users filelist and the seachbox like this:

FILES (coloured in filelist and search results)-->

colour 1 : Files, that you share already

colour 2 : Files that you not share, but have in your quere already

colour 3 : Files that you not share, you don´t have in the quere, but you downloaded already,

no colour / white : nothing from above, this files are new

FOLDERS (only coloured in the filelists) -->

I tryed to discribe this in words, but with my worse english better in a tab...

n = no colour file (new)

d = colour 3 file (downloaded)

q = colour 2 file (quered)

s = colour 1 file (shared)

a "1" means : min 1 file (or more) of this type is in the folder or in the subfolders (!).

n d q s

0 0 0 0 --> colour 1 dark

0 0 0 1 --> colour 1 dark

0 0 1 0 --> colour 2 dark

0 0 1 1 --> colour 2 dark

0 1 0 0 --> colour 3 dark

0 1 0 1 --> colour 3 dark

0 1 1 0 --> colour 3 dark

0 1 1 1 --> colour 3 dark

1 0 0 0 --> white (no colour)

1 0 0 1 --> colour 1 bright

1 0 1 0 --> colour 2 bright

1 0 1 1 --> colour 2 bright

1 1 0 0 --> colour 3 bright

1 1 0 1 --> colour 3 bright

1 1 1 0 --> colour 3 bright

1 1 1 1 --> colour 3 bright

sure there must be a rightclick option like "add (+delete) this File to the downloaded jet List" .

And then a option like "download all _new_ Files from this Folder (only)" and so on....

I hope you understand :-)

Mfg, Stefan

(I´m german, so no better English available, sorry)