Mikey

Notepads

Extra Notepad To Apex   16 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Benefit From An Extra Notepad?

• Yes. I would like an extra notepad.
    • No. It is pointless and shouldn't be added.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

I have a small request. I am a Network Owner and alot of times I have stuff in my notepad such as topics and every day used info I need to run my network. I have seen this in some clients and was wondering if it would be hard to implement a second notepad into Apex so we could have more room for notes and stuff. This would allow me to have one notepad for my network material and then one for me to keep my personal stuff in. I also think that other could benefit from the extra room also.

Edited by Mikey

I'd like the option to have multiple notepads, not sure how you'd want the GUI for it to be, but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement?

use windows notepad, a great program which allows you to run as many instances as you like :)

use windows notepad, a great program which allows you to run as many instances as you like :P

Yes but having the notepads in Apex it is much more convienent then chasing down an icon on the desktop or so forth. If it's something that is hard or will become a resource issue then I think it would be better left out. But if its simple to add and wont reflect the resources of the client I am sure more people may like to see it. In fact I prepose a poll here to see what the general public would like to see. It will give you and I as well as other an idea of what they may want.

use windows notepad, a great program which allows you to run as many instances as you like :P

I tend to just use OneNote now, but even so, multiple Notepads would still be useful to some people I think. If there's not a lot of interest though then it's probably not worth implementing.

well I do have a way in mind this could be done, but I still think it's something that ApexDC as a program does not really need.

if there is enough demand for this then I will see if I could add this... but no promises.

well I do have a way in mind this could be done, but I still think it's something that ApexDC as a program does not really need.

if there is enough demand for this then I will see if I could add this... but no promises.

Let the voting begin then..We will let the users tell us. :P

3-2 vote...lol I was hoping to see a much higher vote by morning here. Guess some don't know the forums are restored and back online.

I vote yes, please add another one... I host 3 hubs at times and need to be able to keep stuff handy and sorted better. Not to mention the other 12 hubs I op or admin in.

Loco

Looks like its a neck and neck race on this. Some people need it and some don't. Guess we will see.

Will love to learn to use it, if implemented. But as I know the result with high probability, I would vote no, if I haven't already voted yes when I did not knew the result with so high probability. -_-

*Sigh*......owell you win some, you lose some. It was a thought thanks for acknowledging it. -_-

Will love to learn to use it, if implemented. But as I know the result with high probability, I would vote no, if I haven't already voted yes when I did not knew the result with so high probability. -_-

Zlo: just so you dont misunderstand, there is already one there, the vote was to have more than one

Yes, to clear out, I do not use Motepad atm, but if I do one day (IF ONE DAY APEX STOPs FREEXING SO ANNOYINGLY), I am quite sure I will prefer to have one Notepad instead of 2.

As I have said to you before Zlob, what are you doing with that poor client... if you are nice and gentle to it I am sure it has no reason to freeze on you -_-

On a serious note, I really don't understand where all these "Zlob probs" come from...

Does he network share?

tis the bain of my life that, it causes ****load of probs for apex, and strong, and dc++ etc...

Off/ Nope, I do not use net shares in Apex. But I do have mapped drives in Explorer and a removable USB HDD, to which I download smtms... -_-

As a joke, (what) are you doing [smth] with this poor client? :) I know you have other issues atm, I too am learning now, but still I'd love to see a new version with extended OP functions and the 2-3 old, annoying bugs fixed (smo seen BM? :P ). ;)

I'd like the option to have multiple notepads, not sure how you'd want the GUI for it to be, but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement?

About 3 minutes of copy pasting is all that's required. :)

About 3 minutes of copy pasting is all that's required. :)

Sure but if I'd add this... I would have it with multiple files... but only one frame (then use eg. dropdown list in frame to switch between files) imo. this beats multiple frames any day.

Why store that much **** in the client notepad ? thats my simple question back totaly uncessary

Why store that much **** in the client notepad ? thats my simple question back totaly uncessary

Why must you use profanity in all your post. This is a help forum..so do me a favor help and lose the mouth. Not everyone wants to read profanity everytime they turn around. I say this in the kindness of ways. Thanks in advance.

Sure but if I'd add this... I would have it with multiple files... but only one frame (then use eg. dropdown list in frame to switch between files) imo. this beats multiple frames any day.

That's how i initially thought of doing it when requested of me, but i was lazy and didn't see the point of a second notepad. Someone else did it the copy paste method, and i used it ever since. lol.

Pothead > Use a Wordpad or Word instead for storting stuff

And Mikey > Cover your eyes when reading my posts if you think im too verbal :whistling: