Lee

ApexDC++ OP

158 posts in this topic

An optimal Client OP is Zion++ Blue...sin that its development has been interrupted...

However creed that in the Operating version would have to be included functions of survey Fake Share, Fake TAG and Hacked Clients

A comfortable function would be also the limitation of the Lists and of the Client it controls to you, therefore to avoid possible Crash of the Client

I understood the first line about Zion++, I am lost after that :D

ehm...i don't understand you post...I have only described shortly the normal functions of a operating client ^_^

I understood the first line about Zion++, I am lost after that :)

Just for you, then:

An optimal Client OP is Zion++ Blue...sin that its development has been interrupted...

- Zion++ Blue was the optimal OP client. It's a shame it is no longer being developed.

However creed that in the Operating version would have to be included functions of survey Fake Share, Fake TAG and Hacked Clients

- Anyway, I think that the OP version should include features for checking Fake share, fake tag and hacked clients.

A comfortable function would be also the limitation of the Lists and of the Client it controls to you, therefore to avoid possible Crash of the Client

Just for you, then:

- Zion++ Blue was the optimal OP client. It's a shame it is no longer being developed.

- Anyway, I think that the OP version should include features for checking Fake share, fake tag and hacked clients.

excuse me...but my english is very very bad...i have used an automatic translator trying to correct the use of english word...but... :) :blushing: :blushing:

Hello All!

wot about kick, ignore, ban, time ban peeps in multiple hubs? Like maybe spammers or flooders.

and ignore in hubs not op in.

what about estimated release date of op client, or is to top secret?

lol

Hello All!

wot about kick, ignore, ban, time ban peeps in multiple hubs? Like maybe spammers or flooders.

what about estimated release date of op client, or is to top secret?

lol

Or maybe someone can help me with a user command to do the same thing. like a global ignore?

Heeej i am back again :)

What about look on the Source of zmDC++ it are based on core 0.691 so it will not be so hard to add to ApexDC++, if have the same things as Zion++ but potheads client fdm can apex dev take the autosearch from svn link FDM SVN

One of the main things I would like to see is the ability to find the same user in multiple hubs. I have seen many users tag saying they are in 1 hub and they have 1 slot open. I know for a fact this isnt true because I can see them in 4 or 5 hubs, all with the same tag.

This would be helpfull since I am an OP in several networks.

It would help even more if one of them is banned or kicked, then ApexDC++ would kick or ban them in the other hubs at the same time. This would save alot of time for OPs.

ApexDC++ v0.2.1 is the most stable client I have ever had the pleasure of using. I am really looking forward to using your OP version. Keep up the good work guys.

Thank you,

к¢kMåñ

a great function would be a pernament gag function... if that's even able to pull off. Me and my set of admins on my hub have been trying to pull that off for a few month with either a lua script or in DC++ itself. But we noticed that it would be nice to have an option to keep certain people from talking in chat but not disallowing them from the hub itself as the extra content is nice.

This can be done using user commands that - sent to your client by the hub at login - add certain extra entries to your mainchat window's, userlist window's, search window's and transfer window's context menu. You may have a look at Bast's guide on that. Of course, this means you have to have access to hub soft or at least to hub's textcommands.

About the ignoring "in hubs not op in":

I would rather be careful with that. For example, I am normally not logged into my hub as an OP, but still my account has far more rights that all my OPs and VIPs. So I guess also other hub owners might do it like that. Protects my nerves and saves me from a lot of frequently asked dumb questions. :blink:

Anyway, in an hub where you're not OP in normally all the good old OP's commands don't work, so no matter if your client has a fancy kick button or a context menu entry or whatsoever, it won't work since the hub doesn't give you the right to use e.g. '§kick [user]spammer'. In the end, any such button or click on such context menu entry just sends a command to MC or hub bot.

a great function would be a pernament gag function... if that's even able to pull off. Me and my set of admins on my hub have been trying to pull that off for a few month with either a lua script or in DC++ itself. But we noticed that it would be nice to have an option to keep certain people from talking in chat but not disallowing them from the hub itself as the extra content is nice.

This should be possible in most hub softs that have more features than just being a hub. It work's for example with the command '§mute [user]dontsayaword' in YnHub and I think I've seen it in Ptokax as well. In YnHub, if a user is muted, he will remain muted next time he logs in - based on his exact nickname and until the hub is being restarted.

Multi hub Ban was in Kyoujinn DC++ Iceman50's client

the zion++ bleu op client 1.14 and above was based on DC++ 0.674 ( the latest one before the stoped the project was 2.02 )

if you coppy anything from that source please delete the bug's before you use it.

A_Alias

[17:08:34] <[NetOP]Toast> -=[ Zion++ 2.03 ]=-

-=[ Uptime: 2 hours 12 min 0 sec ][ CPU time: 0:13:43 ]=-

-=[ Memory usage (peak): 97,64 MB (101,44 MB) ]=-

-=[ Virtual memory usage (peak): 93,12 MB (97,75 MB) ]=-

-=[ Downloaded: 12,51 MB ][ Uploaded: 2,59 MB ]=-

-=[ Total download: 254,76 GB ][ Total upload: 14,44 GB ]=-

-=[ Total Uptime: 19 weeks 1 day 22 hours 2 min ]=-

-=[ System Uptime: 4 days 5 hours 45 min ]=-

-=[ CPU Clock: 1664,148698 MHz ]=-

-=[ Total clients detected (Successful/Failed): 5212759/60392 ]=-

-=[ Total raw commands sent: 74367 ]=-

Naa Zion 2.03 :blink: thats the **** :)

so, i finally found the topic i'm looking for (after reading almost all the others :) )

in my opinion the op client should be:

- in ADL search checks for not only filenamesbut TTHs too

- LUA scripts included in it

- ability to set those bots names that i want to ignore in pm (showing them in main chat) and to set others to get in private (as i can't watch all the hubs i'm op all the time, but i wan't to get notified when a user want's to get help, but don't want to get another pm window every time someone's kicked by a bot on one of the hubs)

- detection of fakeshares, clients (hacked clients)

- someone wrote about a pointing system (to give points to files in share, like don't kick automatically someone for sharing one or two illegal files, just warn him 2-3 times, but kick immediatelly and timeban if he/she shares tons of illegal stuff)

- it should be stabile (can run for weeks, not using 95% of my processor, and tons of memory, cuz i had this problem with some clients before

- IP strings and those little flags in main & PM (eases communication with others, knowing what language should i use)

- the ability to set the auto filelist checker not to check those who log onto the hub with for example [VIP] prefix, or to set that class 2 users don't get banned just get warned.

- to be able to use this client as the only client running on my computer, so i woouldn't need another to log onto hubs that i'm not OP on, but as long as i can remember it was working in some older clients too :D

i hope i could help and i hope you'll help us too :D

I am OP in a small beginner HUB, and I would like to see an "autoDL filelist from new user with a share <(X) GB".

Since it is a beginner HUB, we allow people to share all kinds of stuff, but I want to watch out for fakesharer, who only want to increase their filesize because of other HUBs.

And it would enable me to see, who has upload blockers / problems ... whatever, so I can adress to this person.

An autokick feature (with timelimit of course) would be also nice, for OPs with no BAN rights.

I am OP in a small beginner HUB, and I would like to see an "autoDL filelist from new user with a share <(X) GB".

Since it is a beginner HUB, we allow people to share all kinds of stuff, but I want to watch out for fakesharer, who only want to increase their filesize because of other HUBs.

And it would enable me to see, who has upload blockers / problems ... whatever, so I can adress to this person.

An autokick feature (with timelimit of course) would be also nice, for OPs with no BAN rights.

It may be possible, but did you consider that:

1. For a beginner's hub you should not have too high share requirements.

2. A new user should start from somewhere, so theoretically if all or 99% of the hubs have share limit, he is stuck. :)

Still, IMHO it is a good idea and i will enjoy to see it implemented. It may also have the reverse option - useful to check all filelists under 4.7Gb in DVD hub. :)

1. For a beginner's hub you should not have too high share requirements.
we don't.

the files people are looking for on this beginner HUB are small ~10MB comics.

All they have to do is to respnd to PMs, and if they claim to have no share orthy files at all, they can stay and leech for a couple of hours.

(havin nothing shareworthy is very unlikely whough , considering the nature of the HUB, and also because we have a DD server, that offers the HUB only as an alternative)

2. A new user should start from somewhere, so theoretically if all or 99% of the hubs have share limit, he is stuck. :)

the DC++ HUB is only an alternative.

we don't have share limits.

But of course we encourage "more sharing", by having the "high share" user ignoring low share user. :)

in ADL search checks for not only filenamesbut TTHs too

I've even added the source for TTH search on page 3 of this topic, so I hope they use it, or write their own if they don't like my version :)

But yea, it's a really good feature

Im both a hubowner and op in a few hubs.

My only request is that there is actually made downloadable to us a op client from apex. As it is now dcdm isnt good, and perhaps apex's client could fill the void. Ive heard alot of op's who wanted your op client, but cant get it. So when will we be able to try it?

I want it NOW! ^_^

Sadly the beta isn´t out yet and we have no status on the op client. You are right, we opps really need a new good op client, i´m using Stealth Zion Blue now witch is ok apart for listlen and few crashes hehe.

Sadly the beta isn´t out yet and we have no status on the op client. You are right, we opps really need a new good op client, i´m using Stealth Zion Blue now witch is ok apart for listlen and few crashes hehe.

that one suited me well too, but crashed too often on my pc (don't know what could be the problem)

that's why i've used other non-op clients since, so i'm waiting for it too (and these are those days when i'm so mad at myself why i didn't learn c++ much better back in the school years, cuz now i don't really have time for it, just workwork and work and a little fun ^_^

as I had stated before guys.. regarding the OP client. ANY OP client you are using currently is probably derived from the source of dc 401. THIS source uses the protocol of NMDC and has been exploited in order to achieve the "Features" of most of the quality OP clients. when the DC developers started working on ADC these types of exploits were the first things fixed, and a considered a very high priority. Because of this, every OP client since, has been unstable. On similar note. MOST of the same clients use the NMDC protocol for reading filelists. Since Apex uses ADC and reads using the newer XML format, it cant work. THIS 2 components alone have had a huge impact on the creation of a decent OP client. In addition, the hardcore coders for Apex, have been working on Apex Standard, without much help I might add.. I understand how most of it works but cant delve into the raw code and actually FIX it.. This has been major part of the problem in releasing an APEX Op client..

Agreed with Sidetrack, so just be patient and wait for your cookie. ^_^

The standard ApexDC works quite well as an op client, at least its a viable option till the OP version is released.