Lee

ApexDC++ OP

158 posts in this topic

Indeed.

Well, i remember this being planned and agreed by me and others, but did SkyNet agree to it too, because that's the part i don't remember anymore <_<

hey Crise.... GET a avatar <_<

hey Crise.... GET a avatar <_<

Why should I? Exspecially considering that I totally suck at any kind of GFX :lol: so i wouldn't even be able to make one for myself...

I have found a Legitimate non virused Sasser OP client here is the web address along with updated profiles for most dcdm clients

http://www.bostream.nu/sulan/sasser/

Good Evening Good Morning and Good night ,Where ever you are on this small rock in the sky

Sorry i not been around much not been to well, and also been updating all My software to latest one's out todate , i am going to read right though the forum and catch up on every think.been ficking thought some posts and yes i am a fan of dcdm but the same old beta copys have been kicking about for months with no update's

So there might have to get there arses in gear and get some new ones out ;)

Lua is a must have for a op client i have said so for years due to the lack of scripting in Yhub Ynhub

and with all the diffrent hub softwares about eg: ynhub ptokax verli shadows zpoc hexhub and the ones i have missed .. the raw cmds for auto kicks bans and warn will have to be multi raws like dcdm 49 has so there user friendly i remeber back in cdm days took my ages wrighting raws and there where less hub softs back then.

Being a op for 6 years i hope i know by now what people need

- IP Strings in main & PM

- Whois on the icon bar

- lua support

- auto file checking (as in most op clients done thought the adsl.xml but with a posable updater added so the adsl can update its self from the apex site)

- isp/ip checking (posable peerGardian type system so it imports there block list)

all the above are posable ideas,

i am going to sit back now read the forum look at ideas on here and see what clients people like and what thay dont like

one last thing big Soccer fan world cup on COME ON ENGLAND

Hmm.. I thought the Phoenix network is no more..OH wait that's fenix ;) sorry about that but glad to see ya back SkyNet ;)

Edited by spyke

I think this link may be usefull to anyone intrested in a linux segmented downloading implmentation of dc++

Seen lua scripting in any op clients that are still being developed?

sorry only just saw this.

No, only dcdm-svn. is it possible (how difficult would it be) to merge theire lua support with the apex project. Would the fact that they havn't developed for ... however long, matter. i.e. how much do the chages made to dc effect the lua support.

edit:using a browser without spell checker again ;)

Edited by balder

No, only dcdm-svn. is it possible (how difficult would it be) to merge theire lua support with the apex project. Would the fact that they havn't developed for ... however long, matter. i.e. how much do the chages made to dc effect the lua support.

edit:using a browser without spell checker again ;)

We don't need to merge if we're going to use the source to create ApexDC++ Op.

We don't need to merge if we're going to use the source to create ApexDC++ Op.

Will the lua support from dcdm-svn work with ApexDC++ Op.

considering...

Deadmeat? DCDM++ is based on 0.401 code. The problem is newer DC++ versions will not allow you to grab their filelist and download off them. This is how the dev's are forcing you to update. DCDM++ is still being worked on, they're in 'buggy betas' stage.

does this mean that none of the lua scripting functionality can be used

Although BCDC++ itself is missing such things as LUA script editor window (found in most mods with LUA) its still main client working on LUA implementation... Also Zion++ introduced something like SecuredExecutor extension so only allowed persons can run scripts (I always hacked it though). ;)

I would like to see all the features of Peerweb in there plus lua scripts....i ave been using PWDC for a while now and not had any issues...

Hey, how do i get to beta test, BTW :D:)

Joe

Hey, how do i get to beta test, BTW :D:)

Joe

Here is one way :) though maybe later there will be other oppertunities to get access to betas, but not before first 0.0X version is publicly out...

If you want LUA, get it from BCDC++. :D

DCDM has lua support because it was based on an old version of BCDC++.

As for the Script Editor, psf8500 made for it . . . . good luck updating that to a newer WTL. :)

DCDM++ svn hasn't really been worked on for ages, because the dc++ version it's based on is way too old now, so i would agree, it's kind of dead meat. But very tasty meat, full of plunderable features, if you wanna go the copy / paste route. :)

Hey Pothead glad to see you found the ApexDC forums :)

Not only is LUA a much needed add on for the Op client. However, in addition it needs to have extensive area for adding your own RAw, and custom user commands. Also, it Must be able to check usrs files, for fakes etc.. it needs to be able to (if possible) turn off/on which hubs can be file checked. since DC++ is using CID's it may be able to turn on and off file checking in certain hubs. ADL searches and the other extras mentioned above are also needed but these features will definately get your OP teams interested in this as a client.. espeically since all the good OP clients are about dead..

add description to adl search properties box. to rember six month later why searching for that entry

and also search by tth in adl search

entries that stay in search drop down menu after shut down and restart client

Currently have pwdc++ 0.41, reely happy with it keep all fetures ;)

hows about

string ShareManager::translateFileName(const string& aFile, bool adc) throw(ShareException) { 

RLock l(cs); 

if(aFile == "MyList.DcLst") { 

generateXmlList(); //new string: it copys from files.xml.bz2 

return getBZXmlFile(); //new string: it copys from files.xml.bz2 

//generateNmdcList(); //string comment

//return getListFile(); //string comment 

} else if(aFile == "files.xml.bz2") { 

generateXmlList(); 

return getBZXmlFile(); 

} else { 

string file; 

if(aFile.length() == 39 && Encoder::isBase32(aFile.c_str())){ 

TTHValue tth(aFile); 

HashFileIter i = tthIndex.find(&tth); 

if(i != tthIndex.end()) { 

dcassert(i->second->getTTH() != NULL); 

file = i->second->getParent()->getFullName() + i->second->getName(); 

} 

} 

else if(adc) { 

// Check for tth root identifier 

if(aFile.compare(0, 4, "TTH/") == 0) { 

TTHValue v(aFile.substr(4)); 

HashFileIter i = tthIndex.find(&v); 

if(i != tthIndex.end()) { 

file = i->second->getADCPath(); 

} else { 

throw ShareException("File Not Available"); 

} 

} else if(aFile.compare(0, 1, "/") == 0) { 

file = aFile; 

} else { 

} 

// Remove initial '/' 

file.erase(0, 1); 

// Change to NMDC path separators 

for(string::size_type i = 0; i < file.length(); ++i) { 

if(file[i] == '/') { 

file[i] = '\\'; 

} 

} 

// Ok, we now should have an nmdc equivalent name 

} else { 

file = aFile; 

} 

string::size_type i = file.find('\\'); 

if(i == string::npos) 

string aDir = file.substr(0, i); 

RLock l(cs); 

StringPairIter j = lookupVirtual(aDir); 

if(j == virtualMap.end()) { 

} 

file = file.substr(i + 1); 

if(!checkFile(j->second, file)) { 

} 

return j->second + file; 

} 

}

:)

Myself i found strongdc which apex is based on to have a lot of features that are common to dcdm, but i agree lua scripting would be an ideal benefit. One thing to keep in mind is not to get caught in the same trap dcdm seems to have got caught in, it was a perfect op client but the coding appears to have anchored it to a particular base client. Above all though an op client needs to be stable while being able to automatically check

1) Clients

2) Files for certain types

but on the whole to fairly acurately run the hub unattended, dcdm used to achieve this pretty well

wel right now i use zion++ ( include the ****load off bugs ) i stoped with DCDM a long time ago as it wasnt getting good search results from all clients and even worse have trouble to get file list from newer clients.

an upload limmiter is needed for me to keep my adsl line going smooth ... with out limmiter most clients thake all the power from the line and thats prety bad cause i run my hub(s) from my home line.

afcourse some protection to abuse limmiters is needed.

as all hubs have divrend rules and week points into thier software ( or functions ) an OP client need to have all poseble options to be configured for the need that an op have ... like YNhub is missing out of the box a good fake share checker ... zion solved it. but i know a few hubs that make use from fake shares they bloat thier share size to keep other peeps out of thier hubs with a minium share from a few dozen TB's.

a sripted fake share where an op can adjust the triggers and have options to PM , Kick , time ban , perm ban a user would be good ( some build in fake share checkers into the core from some hubs / clients dont let you adjust the valeu for share into bites ... known isue is the 111111 at the begining of the share in bytes whare you come on if you just share above one TB and the known fake shres have them only at the end at the share in bytes)

it would be handy if there is a gui where you can setup (by faforite hubs) for each hub how to handle file formats/ file names. so it can optional send automatic PMs to users on forbiden share based on " file name " file extension " or even on " TTH string "

if poseble ... a light client for ops better good uptimes than have emotion packs media player suport and all other junk thats just for the funn.

if it get a share list checker .... i like to get it that it check a user only once every xx HR and at login from a hub .. check only a few users at the time ... on big hubs it hog the hub if an op pulled all share list at once.

cant remember what client it was but there was one that got kicked for flooding at connecting or even more worse crashed the hub by the heavy load on connecting.

i'm a multy hub op so a future to check a sharelist based on username+IP would be great so it dont double or triple check the same users.

afcource an easy to use right click to make regular hubbers a trusted user ( with an optional skip check or less frequent check ) would be nice.

an option how to get cheats reported ... aka in main chat , pm from your client or a PM to the opchat.

for booth OP and regular client it would be good that the BLACK list for other clients is based as an option to turn on for each client type.

its prety sucks if your allowed DC++ MODS into the hubs your on and STRONG DC based clients block others to get even the share list ... DC hubs are to share and should not be a plase where DEV's fight thier war who have the best client and block other mods ( the hubs i'm on are discuse to block all moded client who dont share to all other users)

good suport to write custom RAW commands would be nice ( and afcourse suport for RAW comands , even hub specific by favorite hubs )

A nice future would also be that the client shut down when it get used by a user with out any key ... think it should be able to make that scripted as it showed into the tag that your connected as an op to xx hubs. on that way its not a toy to play with for non ops.

hide the share from ops is a bad thing todo in my opinion .. it let others think its cool to dont have a huge share ... than i like more the inviseble admin mode that some hubs have ... you can lurk the hub but the dont see you at all.

even some of the ops are morons ... so out of the box every futer should be switched of an a clear help file should guide them to get the advanced futures to work.

i can write some more but maybe i should first run the (regular/op) client to see how it works now on a test PC.

A_Alias

we hope thatwe do ;)

and also about what to base the op-version in the best choice is SDC, because it's core is/will be upto date when RC11 is out (if it ever is). or is there any op-clients that are based on 0.647 or newer DC++? (i don't come up with any, expect zion++ might be, but not sure about it either)

the zion++ bleu op client 1.14 and above was based on DC++ 0.674 ( the latest one before the stoped the project was 2.02 )

if you coppy anything from that source please delete the bug's before you use it.

A_Alias

the zion++ bleu op client 1.14 and above was based on DC++ 0.674 ( the latest one before the stoped the project was 2.02 )

if you coppy anything from that source please delete the bug's before you use it.

A_Alias

Gigadisk, the author of Stealth Zion has made 2.03 so maybe use some part of it as sourse i think Giga has fixed some bugs of original version...

www.gigadisk.ic.cz

hmm... bear in mind that zion/dcdm - maybe others too - have broken bcdc detection. new version of dc++ is detected as bcdc mod. also, zion have czdc/strongdc mod bug, but this is very easy to fix :rolleyes:

hmm... bear in mind that zion/dcdm - maybe others too - have broken bcdc detection. new version of dc++ is detected as bcdc mod.
That's because the new dc++ fails that check. In DCDM svn this is sorted for the automatic searching (based on dc++ version number, it may be skipped), but unfortunately not got around to prevent people from manually doing this check on them. :rolleyes:

any news on the ApeXop client ^_^ ... or you keeping it hush hush :rolleyes:

An optimal Client OP is Zion++ Blue...sin that its development has been interrupted...

However creed that in the Operating version would have to be included functions of survey Fake Share, Fake TAG and Hacked Clients

A comfortable function would be also the limitation of the Lists and of the Client it controls to you, therefore to avoid possible Crash of the Client