Lee

ApexDC++ OP

158 posts in this topic

Yeah, I support with both hands, and Sidey explained it really well. Still, imho the newer (the better) protocol should be put as a standard, since it is far more flexible.

Yeah, I support with both hands, and Sidey explained it really well. Still, imho the newer (the better) protocol should be put as a standard, since it is far more flexible.

Thats the problem. there is NO standard, as I delve into this project, I am finding so many variations. I am frankly surpised there is only afew issues. nmdc/nmdc extended/adc then there is the issue of z-itself, there is zline, zport, and zpipe. then there is DC++ team variations, my goals is to get them all working together, create the standard that makes dc itself better, and quits all this crap thats going on. unity will allow DC to prosper, dividing, will kill it..

Thats the problem. there is NO standard, as I delve into this project, I am finding so many variations. I am frankly surpised there is only afew issues. nmdc/nmdc extended/adc then there is the issue of z-itself, there is zline, zport, and zpipe. then there is DC++ team variations, my goals is to get them all working together, create the standard that makes dc itself better, and quits all this crap thats going on. unity will allow DC to prosper, dividing, will kill it..

Now we just have to make sure most teams will read this and agree. Not an easy task. :P

thats MY job.. and my goal.. its theirs to help change it

real late feedback - zion was last one I used for op'ing. It did detection best, since it has gotten outdated last and wasn't bad as a user client too.

I stopped to use the detection by beta2 some clients crashed during the try to connect to a hub when APEXDC++ 1.0.0B2 directly pulled thier share list ... by zion you could use a delay to pull thier list after connecting to an hub. (and bigger hubs have a hard time at startup after a crash or if i login when apex try to check all list at once)

so on top of the delay to check users something like check max 5 to 10 users at once would solve that.

stil i think it would be even better to put those checks into the hubsoftware or hub bot that will safe that to many ops try to do the same tests and waste resources that way.

whats also needed is more flexebillety ... aka users whit an bad internet connection who jump in and out a lot ... those should be only tested like one time every xx HR ...

an easy right click function to ad users to various trusted/check levels ... aka total bypas ... check once a week only (based on thier nick and ip or CID .. the last one would be maybe even better couse it will work better for those who hae an dynamic IP)

than we have peeps who are an op at multy hubs ... like 5 or 10 ... most users have the same intrst and thats why i would like to pull thier list based on IP+nickname ... now i pulled lots of list serval of times on divrend hubs ... and some of those users have big sharelist over 1MB

also it would be nice if Apex can see if any other autochecking clients are around ... so that an user dont have 10 or more ops that try to pull his list if he connect to an hub. maybe set it by levels if there isnt an op client that use an higher level .. than your client start todo the job.

and an easy setup that ops who do the detection .. let it autopost to opchat ( or pm to listed ops ) by favorite hubs that would be nice.

lots of users dont seams to like if thier list get pulled to much.

another one is a more advanced ADLSearch like zion have those forbidenfiles(or searchstring ) folders it would be handy to get multy(or searchstring ) folders forbidenfiles .. that giv a a better overview ... not all forbiden files are a kick or ban .. if the get splitted up an op can se more easy if its just a warning ... kick ... time ban or permban.

zion have those right click to open an URL like WHOIS and to search at hublist.org would like to get that into apax too but that more flexible ... not hard coded into the client but on a base you can easy make RC and / commands that handle URL (airdc have one but its limmited to / commands only)

well i might have to wait whats all inside the beta3 and see than what can be made better.

A_Alias

Hi everyone

I have just one little question regarding the OP-version of ApexDC++!

Why do you not work together with other developpers?

I know that zk++ Black Edition or OP-edition will be based on ApexDC++! So why do you not work together to get a real good OP-version with ApexDC++ core? That would be a great experience! Or am I wrong?

Regards.

Baba.runner

Ok lets make this clear now ApexDC's OP version is on hold for undefined time, the new version I (and a handful of testers) have has incorporated some OP features that I see as necessity to have so that what's in strongdc already becomes more usable...

But until otherwise stated the main focus of development will not be in the CDM or other Operator features.

Hi everyone

I have just one little question regarding the OP-version of ApexDC++!

Why do you not work together with other developpers?

I know that zk++ Black Edition or OP-edition will be based on ApexDC++! So why do you not work together to get a real good OP-version with ApexDC++ core? That would be a great experience! Or am I wrong?

Regards.

Baba.runner

To put it simple all developers have different outlooks on what they wanna see in a client. For instance zK++ isn't a developed project. It is a simply a mod that Lord Sabbath built for himself and lets others have and see it. I personally think its a bad idea cause there are so many client dev's out there who think the best clients fake share slot lock fake there tag or some other sort of hack. ApexDC is the only true supported client not loaded with this other type of b.s.. Even Big Muscle supports the project as the Apex Core is based from StrongDC++. Again another fine "legal" non hacked faking client (Hats off to Big Muscle). I think we have a good thing going here and I personally as a beta tester, Supporter, and Apex user don't wanna see the merge of multiple dev's cause it just going to cause issues as they want all these in my opinion worthless features and the Apex team has a good concept on what the DC community wants...Please take no offense to this post its just how I see it. The Ascendent Network, Friends Unlimited Network and ApexDC++ team are doing as Sidetrack puts it "Ascending" (Meaning to make better) the DC community by bringing us together and to stop the hatred and wars between hubs, networks and who's client can do what. ApexDC is simply put...One step closer to the evolution to stop the continuing troubles on DC. Keep up the good work guys and lets make Apex the best client there is and ever will be.

Edited by Crise

I agree... Apex, whether it's based on some other client core or not, has it's own definite advantages as a client. I think it's a more forward looking program because of where the internet is headed. A core is like the beef roast you get from the butcher shop. Some people will roast it with onions, potatos, and carrots; some folks will season it and cook it over a barbeque and serve it as sandwiches, and yet another person will take the time and trouble to make it into beef jerky. Now all of these are GOOD... but each is very different. However, remember: they all started with the raw cut of beef!

This is how I look at it at least.... and I like the way Apex has processed this program. And I await further developments to it :)

Loco

MOST of the older Op Clients, DCDM, rmDC, MCDC, R2++ etc.. are dead projects, or not getting much work. MOST are based on source .401, which is NOT even nmdc extended.
So what is NMDC Extended ? You mean clients with partial / full ADC support ?

then there is the issue of z-itself, there is zline, zport, and zpipe. then there is DC++ team variations
What is zport ? Never heard of that one before. As for ZLine and ZPipe . . . . ZLine was the initial idea of how to do it, ZPipe is the complete version. Hence ZLine is redundant. Use ZPipe instead. :huh:

My opinion the client should be:

- LUA scripts included in it

- Share should be seperate by different Hubs and/or special share by egally favorite users, like a FTP-Server.

P.S. : Since 7.7.'07 the offical SDC 2.04 is out. Where is coming out the next Apex Release or Beta 3 ?

P.S. : Since 7.7.'07 the offical SDC 2.04 is out. Where is coming out the next Apex Release or Beta 3 ?

When we're fairly confident the bugs of Beta 2 are gone, and we feel the StrongDC base we are using is stable enough. Hopefully soon, though, we just want to avoid releasing something buggy. :huh:

hi ... im using apexdc 1.0.1 as a op client cause in my humble opinion it is the easiest and most stable client around..

and to what i hope from apexOPdc is ready made raw commands that u can use if u dont want to make your own command lines

also it would be great if u included a client check list in to the code so that if u cant find one you would at least have one

another one would be a list of "illegal" files or searchwords (if u get what i mean) so that u can pick the ones u dont like or something and bind those to certain raws or commandlines..

these are propably quite big requests but whileworthy... for example u could bind the searchword "preteen" to !ban command more easily than before it would be great cause not all ops have the time to learn how to be a coder/nerd ( =D ) (no offense)

in other words ... how to make operators life a LOT easier in the future...

if u got questions or just want to blabber w/ me just PM ;)

hi ... im using apexdc 1.0.1 as a op client cause in my humble opinion it is the easiest and most stable client around..

and to what i hope from apexOPdc is ready made raw commands that u can use if u dont want to make your own command lines

also it would be great if u included a client check list in to the code so that if u cant find one you would at least have one

another one would be a list of "illegal" files or searchwords (if u get what i mean) so that u can pick the ones u dont like or something and bind those to certain raws or commandlines..

these are propably quite big requests but whileworthy... for example u could bind the searchword "preteen" to !ban command more easily than before it would be great cause not all ops have the time to learn how to be a coder/nerd ( =D ) (no offense)

in other words ... how to make operators life a LOT easier in the future...

if u got questions or just want to blabber w/ me just PM :thumbsup:

Is there change to get support of new hub protocal adc ?? it would be great

about op side and 1.0.1 not exacly - but afaik it's gonna be improved a bit in the next release, i believe... :thumbsup:

hmm... tough one this is

actually i personally use zK++ because theres no OPapexdc++

I have never used an OP client. Can anyone explain to me exactly what features they provide that you guys would like to see in Apex?

I have never used an OP client. Can anyone explain to me exactly what features they provide that you guys would like to see in Apex?

Same here, as afaik ApexDC at present is almost complete OP client (ps: there will be no need to make it complete either as RSX & Apex will change to a different CDM in near future)

hehe still waiting for it to happen so i can resume my work

hehe still waiting for it to happen so i can resume my work

working on it as I write this, need to consult adrian about something though...

Crise, if you dont understand the need of an OP client what exactly are you working on mate?

You’re discussing a version of apex which would give operators better control over the hub? This new version will have features applicable to regular users and others which can be simply blocked, so… sounds like a vain idea.

On the other hand operators would benefit for a revamp of the hub-server, incorporating features of accompanying bots, such as YnHub-server, Masterbot/trivia, G-bot, the ‘Quotes-bot’, usercommand generator and statbot of which I currently have. I would like the resulting complex to give me full control on the hub but without the ability to download fileshares through the client interface, and an ip recording feature which would be much useful as I’m currently on my universities network, so I could map-out its halls, perhaps in addition to the registration list and available in a notepad print-out. And most importantly for us a time-out feature for automatically disconnecting the hub on a specific basis, and this is also applicable to regular users.

However I can say that an operator’s version should be wholly compatible and synchronous with the hub server itself, in which case you may operate all of the hub-server features via menu-displayed commands in the client if you are feeling lazy or there is a problem with physically reaching the server directly, such as being hosted on a separate computer. The ability to detect cheating users is a major requirement for equality of usage however.

MadGeneticist likes this