Lee

ApexDC++ OP

158 posts in this topic

Will Apex OP support NMDC filelists? It will be necessary, if an OP wants to check an old-fashioned user.

Will Apex OP support NMDC filelists? It will be necessary, if an OP wants to check an old-fashioned user.

Hmmm, good question. It would probably be required by a lot of OPs so I would think it's very likely it would be included.

I also think that it should support nmdc filelists. And this isn't only my opinion (agree with others that mentioned it). Most of the ops would like that to be present in ApexDC. :)

In addition, the hardcore coders for Apex, have been working on Apex Standard, without much help I might add.. I understand how most of it works but cant delve into the raw code and actually FIX it.. This has been major part of the problem in releasing an APEX Op client..

Ya I can understand that, unfortunately I haven't gotten to learning C++ yet or I'd help, I also understand the code fairly well and would offer to aide if I could, however I'm in the process of mastering Java (I'm a Computer Science Undergrad so I sorta haft to learn in order and don't have much time outside of my course stuff to learn new languages) however next few terms are in C and C++ I believe... So when I get there I'll offer my help if you guys want it still.

On a side note as a Hub owner and an OP I'm really excited for this client, and so are many of my fellow Op's on my hub. Most of our users now are switching to Apex :). So thanks for a great Client guys.

No, not yet unfortunatly. We are still primarily focusing on the standard Windows client for the moment. The Linux client also is seeing some activety, maybe the OP one will too... just not yet. We're always willing to accept new developers though. :)

Regarding zK++ 1. its 0.401 code, and 2. its incompatatible with ADC protocol.. so you know where im going with this.

At least the zK++ screen says 0.666...

0.666 is the vertion of zK++ not the vestion of dc++ it is/was based on

edit: i like the new tester icon

edit: i like the new tester icon

Me too. :) I guess I'm bias. Anyway, shame about zK++'s code.

Still it may be useful, f. ex. it has User list background to set.

I am sure if a release will be out it will be announced, since everyone's looking forward to it, and this topic's one of the hottest on ApexDC++ forums.

I will make an exception here and say this...

In the last couple of days I have added a few OP related changes... but they are not really new features more of an attempt to make the ones that are there already a bit more user friendly, and maybe even just a tad bit more resource wise... the only one new bigger OP related change that I have added since 0.4.0 is the possibility to use regular expressions in ADL searches... (and no I am not planning on doing much more than what I have done by now, as we still have the plans for a separate OP version and I'll be waiting for that... just got a bit bored of waiting but now i can wait again.)

And actually if we'd be going for a 100% separate OP and User versions I'd start to remove the OP features that are there now from our so called "Standard edition" but i honestly don't see any point in removing any existing features...

*silently hoping that someone would read this*

*silently hoping that someone would read this*

Roger that. Is the stuff above it needed to be read, too? :blink:

AFAIMS Crise, I agree with you. Smth *must* differ the two client versions.

Roger that. Is the stuff above it needed to be read, too? :blink:

AFAIMS Crise, I agree with you. Smth *must* differ the two client versions.

That foot note wasn't meant for you :) (should have put someone in italics i guess)

Please hurry up and release it! Ive been waiting for so long=D now when the new zion is out Im really longing for apex... hurry hurry=D

i think Crise's footnote was meant for Skynet :D

You hit the nail on the head :P (though even before i wrote that post/footnote i knew that the changes him reading it would be close to non-existent)

OK, do we have any news from him, is he still alive :P working on Apex DC++ OP, what is the current progress? :D

OK, do we have any news from him, is he still alive :P working on Apex DC++ OP, what is the current progress? :D

Only he can answer those questions... and as the last info I have is somewhat old I am not even willing to make any detailed statements regarding this subject, to avoid giving out false or inaccurate information.

I'm also DYING for an Apex OP client. Altho i've been OPing for 1,5 years now (and only once used an OP client MDMDC i think), now that i'm in TAN, with BIG hubs it would be great if an OP client would do some of the work for me automatically. I'm set up with ADL search, which is great, but i know there is so much more an OP client can do (raws for instance). Now i do everything "by hand" so to speak. One of the things i read here, which i like very much, is to be able to find a user in multible hubs, sounds good. Since there is also a lot of info for users that we can use i wouldn't mind a second notepad in an OP client. And, if possible, to be able to download from all clients (filelist). At the moment i use Apex, i love it, but i am setting op DCDM at the moment, to use as OP client, while i awaite Apex OP client.

xD zK++ <---------- OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

TechDC++ ^^ hehe

xD zK++ <---------- OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Have to agree with you there zK++ is this far the ugliest DC client I have ever seen.... (no hard feelings just my opinion, but i know i am not the only one that thinks this way)

...and still it supports backgrounds for user list. :) Yes, I want to annoy you with this note and try to make you put this into Apex at last. :P