Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sukhi

Apex dc++ giving problem

2 posts in this topic

Hi

i am studying in a college. We recently had inter hostel connectivity and i have installed Apex dc++ v 4.0. But the problem is that the conection doesnt stays for more than 2 min. and the it shows that "the connection has timed out because the remote host did not respond" we have 4 hubs here and its true for all of these hubs. No one else here s experiencing such a problem. And my internet cnnection is lost i.e. i am unable to access net then. The one way to come out is go to my lan settings and disbale it and then again enable it.

But that also gives just 2 min of connectivity and repeating it for 2 or more times restarts my laptop with an error message that the windows has experienced a problem and it needs to shut down.. if u have installed a nw software or hardware than make sure that they are working etc..

this happens only when i start dc++... i have tried every possible thing i could do. I have windows xp service pack 2. And when it restarts the desktop is turned off...

please reply as son as possible.....and kindly mail the reply to me..

I would think that this is a problem with your Windows not ApexDC. You could try another DC client like StrongDC and if you have the same problem with it then it´s the Windows that is cousing this.

You could try limiting the dl and ul speed to 300/50 and see if it changes anything.

I really think windows TCP/IP is maxing out and failing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0