lecnt

1.0.0B4 crash, merklecheckoutputstream...

81 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Beta 4 crashes for me after a couple minute of starting. It actually continues to work in the background but I have the popup that says it crashed. Here's the log:

Code: c0000005 (Access violation)
Version: 1.0.0B4 (2007-08-07)
Major: 5
Minor: 1
Build: 2600
SP: 2
Type: 1
Time: 2007-08-08 08:09:03
TTH: 7CNQCQXDGEV7S2IDTUSYEW73M722LLS7BVOOXDI

ntdll!0x7C901010: RtlEnterCriticalSection
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\merklecheckoutputstream.h(119): MerkleCheckOutputStream<MerkleTree<TigerHash=0x03050478,1024>=0x00000350,1>::write
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\chunkoutputstream.h(79): ChunkOutputStream<1>::write
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\filteredfile.h(133): FilteredOutputStream<UnZFilter=0x030E04E0,1>::write
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\downloadmanager.cpp(533): DownloadManager::on
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\userconnection.cpp(180): UserConnection::on
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\speaker.h(64): Speaker<BufferedSocketListener>::fire<BufferedSocketListener::X<3>=0x0214FF00,unsigned char *=0x0214FF08,int>
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\bufferedsocket.cpp(263): BufferedSocket::threadRead
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\bufferedsocket.cpp(515): BufferedSocket::checkSocket
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\bufferedsocket.cpp(531): BufferedSocket::run
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\thread.h(161): Thread::starter
f:\sp\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\threadex.c(348): _callthreadstartex
f:\sp\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\threadex.c(326): _threadstartex

I hope this helps.

LEC

TY lecnt , i also had one, which we will be looking at as well

Time: 2007-08-08 09:27:48

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\merklecheckoutputstream.h(119): MerkleCheckOutputStream<MerkleTree<TigerHash=0x130AF008,1024>=0x000003C5,1>::write

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\chunkoutputstream.h(79): ChunkOutputStream<1>::write

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\filteredfile.h(133): FilteredOutputStream<UnZFilter=0x0C714008,1>::write

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\speaker.h(64): Speaker<BufferedSocketListener>::fire<BufferedSocketListener::X<3>=0x0F66FF00,unsigned char *=0x0F66FF08,int>

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\bufferedsocket.cpp(263): BufferedSocket::threadRead

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\bufferedsocket.cpp(515): BufferedSocket::checkSocket

Apex had been up for about 12 hours, in 57 hubs, 4 downloads, 10 uploads and then i got the Apex has crashed box, i checked the box to restart, and hit continue, nothing happened, i hit terminate application and nothing happened, i kicked the pc and hurt my toe B) I had to kill process in Task manager, and then manually restart application

please find the user which you are downloading from when it crashes... it will happen only for certain clients

ok i tried looking, but i have just had another crash, but wasnt downloading this time only uploading B)

I got exact same report as above so didnt post it again...

EDIT

Have you any suggestions, cos i now cannot keep client open as it crashes within 2 minutes of it opening... so obviously someone uploading from me is causing the problem and apart from unsharing everything i cant do anything about it...

EDIT x2 :)

OK i found out how to stop it crashing for now, i am not being in as many hubs as i would otherwise be, so whomever it is with the client is not in the hub that i am now in. i guess i will need to go through one at a time to find out who or what it is for you... Oh and BTW if i am using Winamp at same time as apex, the crashes happen quicker, if winamp is closed, i dont seem to crash at all... I am using winamp version 5.35 Pro

Edit x3 :)

Ok, so i had a download running i missed, the only upload/download i have running is from a user using Apex 040, so if as you say it is a client error, we have a problem...

wouldnt happen to be with certain userconnection commands would it? *whistles*

[Edit]

actually if im not mistaken there is a new exploit with crashing clients using some corrupt things due to a bug in tth

LMAO Tony if it can be crashed you can crash it...LOL your getting to be as bad as me and Sidey...anyhow keep crashin and keep postin gotta keep Crise and them on there toes... B)

Well, my workaround is just letting it run even though the popup says it's crashed. I left it on all day and it worked just fine except I can't access anything on the interface. But it did download stuff that I already had in the queue. :)

It was when I upload some files(4 files) and downloading one file... And it crash every time when anyone start download files from me... I think it's problem witn uploading... But some time ago wasn't crash when I Upload...

Sorry for my bad English...

Time: 2007-08-09 20:03:01

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\merklecheckoutputstream.h(119): MerkleCheckOutputStream<MerkleTree<TigerHash=0x01B87588,1024>=0x0000060E,1>::write

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\speaker.h(64): Speaker<BufferedSocketListener>::fire<BufferedSocketListener::X<3>=0x0273FF00,unsigned char *=0x0273FF08,int>

I dunno what happened but I had B3 and was running fine and so I HAD to DL the new one B4 (unstable)and installed it...then people couldnt DL from me so I decided to go back to the B3 and over wrote B4 and was just going to leave the download box open so people can DL from me (doesnt make since to me, if it runs good, we dont have a choise but to get the new one) and now I have the new version and peeps can now DL from me....so if you all have this peoblem, you might try this.

Jim

I dunno what happened but I had B3 and was running fine and so I HAD to DL the new one B4 (unstable)and installed it...then people couldnt DL from me so I decided to go back to the B3 and over wrote B4 and was just going to leave the download box open so people can DL from me (doesnt make since to me, if it runs good, we dont have a choise but to get the new one) and now I have the new version and peeps can now DL from me....so if you all have this peoblem, you might try this.

Jim

as i can remember ppl are forced to use the beta4 instead of the beta3, to avoid reporting bugs related to beta3 .... but everyone and all problems should be catched in the new version ....

and ... for example i don't have this problem that you have ... can you specify your system? ... what OS, and HW you have ... maybe it's related to those.

p.s.: i couldn't get home yesterday, and now a bit tired to look for logs ... i've been searching logs for hours now and my eyes look as if i were high or sg :P

It is Winamp. After reading about Winamp here, I closed it to see if it helps but ApexDC++ still crashed. Then, I closed the agent that runs in the tray and no crashes since.

LEC

I am using Winamp constantly, but without the HATRED agent.

Time: 2007-08-13 11:10:54

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\merklecheckoutputstream.h(119): 

MerkleCheckOutputStream<MerkleTree<TigerHash=0x03173FE8,1024>=0x00000FB4,1>::write

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\filteredfile.h(133): FilteredOutputStream<UnZFilter=0x02D548C8,1>::write

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\speaker.h(64): 

Speaker<BufferedSocketListener>::fire<BufferedSocketListener::X<3>=0x0502FF00,unsigned char 

*=0x0502FF08,int>

I keep getting this crash, I am trying to download lots of small txt files and I am uploading large files to three users

Hi,

Very similar for me too, I can't give you anymore info as it does this less than a second after every start. Means I'll have to re-install and or rehash... Grrrrrr. What is annoying is that I was FORCED to make this upgrade by my client some days ago (from B3) and it gave me no probs! Lots of faffing about to do now :) Good luck with fixing it :crying:

Btw it's doubtful its Winamp because I don't use it!

Frooble

Time: 2007-08-13 19:37:10

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\merklecheckoutputstream.h(119): MerkleCheckOutputStream<MerkleTree<TigerHash=0x02C29BC0,1024>=0x000007DC,1>::write
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\filteredfile.h(133): FilteredOutputStream<UnZFilter=0x02B39C40,1>::write
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\speaker.h(64): Speaker<BufferedSocketListener>::fire<BufferedSocketListener::X<3>=0x03F9FF00,unsigned char *=0x03F9FF08,int>

Hello peeps, my first crash ever with Apex DC++, didn't really know where to post it:

Time: 2007-08-17 16:16:53

TTH: LW7OUXL2OP7KQLIR3TLPBGKLQE7PEECIS5XVVEI

ntdll!0x7C911010: RtlEnterCriticalSection

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\merklecheckoutputstream.h(119): MerkleCheckOutputStream<MerkleTree<TigerHash=0x02ACAF40,1024>=0x00000377,1>::write

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\filteredfile.h(133): FilteredOutputStream<UnZFilter=0x02796FF0,1>::write

d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\speaker.h(64): Speaker<BufferedSocketListener>::fire<BufferedSocketListener::X<3>=0x0519FF00,unsigned char *=0x0519FF08,int>

Hello everybody, it's me once again, I don't really know what it does, but when Apex crashes once, it crashes over and over again. Now I played back a backup of Apex before it crashed and got no more problems. Hope this helps you somehow. I don't really know, perhabs it does s.th. to the .xml files or something.

Edited by Lizard

maybe, I have a workaround for the crash.

Try /rebuild in mainchat and if it doesn't help, then delete HashIndex and HashData files in your Settings directory.

as i can remember ppl are forced to use the beta4 instead of the beta3, to avoid reporting bugs related to beta3 .... but everyone and all problems should be catched in the new version ....

and ... for example i don't have this problem that you have ... can you specify your system? ... what OS, and HW you have ... maybe it's related to those.

p.s.: i couldn't get home yesterday, and now a bit tired to look for logs ... i've been searching logs for hours now and my eyes look as if i were high or sg :crying:

To me it shouldnt matter at this point what I have because B3 was working fine (and now B4)....but I have XP, 512 ram...like I said, y'all try this and see if it helps you...install B4....then go to the B3 installer and reinstall that, I figured I was going to have B3 again but lo and behold, it was B4...dont ask me how that happened, but B4 is running right now and working great (and no upgrade popup), so if you are having problems still, try it, it just may work for you also.

i am running apexdc b4 and winamp and winamp agent, no problems for me...

might be my vista :crying:

maybe, I have a workaround for the crash.

Try /rebuild in mainchat and if it doesn't help, then delete HashIndex and HashData files in your Settings directory.

Finally, some answers. I'll let my users know, and if it helps, i'll tell you later...

BTW for this thread, people are asking questions on and on, making new threads of the same error, because there isn't any good answer form the dev team on HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. And, of course they are going to post the same question again. :)

I'm an OP on a relatively medium size hub (3k users), and we use mostly PWDC, Apex and StrongDC clients. I have to say that the most reliable one is PWDC (latest version 0.41, which is unfortunately abandoned), then StrongDC and then Apex. Although, StrongDC has some 'disconnected' issues, that's not the subject here. The reason is because, the Apex dev team is letting the beta version to come on the hands of regular users who don't have much knowledge and experience with clients. I think it's only good for OPs and admins. Apex was better in some stages than it's ancestor StrongDC, until you released bad beta versions...It has some nice features, like blocking PM's for example.

For example, StrongDC doesn't have these kind of problems, because BigMuscle doesn't releases beta's, and therefore, no major problems like this. :)

Yes, it is a major problem, since i have 100 pm's a day, because of this crash which means that lots of people has a problem with it, on which apparently nobody has proper answer on how to solve it.

PLEASE, post a CLEAN answer on how to solve it (some general solution), so everyone can see it, and don't lock the threads ffs. Post redirection links to this thread or something. :blink:

Thank you in advance :)

I find it almost impossible to believe that PWDC is more stable than the latest version of ApexDC++ (either stable or beta). However, we already have a team of testers, but we can't create all situations and we can't find all bugs from just them, so we release it to the users, all we're doing is letting everyone be a tester, people don't have to be, we make it quite clear they're beta versions. Having said that, the latest beta is rather stable. If we didn't release the betas then people would probably just ask us to hurry up development anyway. The significant bugs that were present in Beta 1 and 2 were not discovered until these releases were released to the public, we feel it's worth us releasing these betas as they let us know of any bugs, and allow people to see our progress.

The crashes that are discovered will be worked on, and Big Muscle posted what he believes may be a possible work-around for one of them. Beta software has bugs, and we're working on that, we invite users to help us find bugs and give us information about them which may help I solve them. We should probably start linking more to the relevant thread when a thread is closed due to it having already been reported, however it is common sense to lock them rather than have multi discussions about the same thing.

please find the user which you are downloading from when it crashes... it will happen only for certain clients

I may share dc client that help produce this bug in 100% downloads from this client (in Multi-downloading mode?).

This client used by many users of my network.

PS: if you don't understend my english Zlobomir may translate this, i think:

У меня в сети используется клиент, который в 100% случаях при включеном режиме-мульти скачки вызывает краш apexDC++ и StrongDC++.

Я могу расшарить этот клиент, если это поможет.

hiya guys, just recieved a crash with 1.0.0b4 running under vista home premium, with the following exception info:

Major: 6
Minor: 0
Build: 6000
SP: 0
Time: 2007-09-27 00:54:01

ntdll!0x77B02E7B: RtlEnterCriticalSection
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\filechunksinfo.cpp(809): FileChunksInfo::verifyBlock
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\merklecheckoutputstream.h(119): MerkleCheckOutputStream<MerkleTree<TigerHash=0x0C2D3930,1024>=0x00000403,1>::write
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\filteredfile.h(133): FilteredOutputStream<UnZFilter=0x04DEC008,1>::write
d:\cvs\apexdc++\trunk\client\speaker.h(64): Speaker<BufferedSocketListener>::fire<BufferedSocketListener::X<3>=0x073BFF00,unsigned char *=0x073BFEF8,int>
ntdll!0x77AFA9BD: LdrInitializeThunk

hope it's of any use for u guys, the crash seemed to occur when i searched for alternates on a file, and it had just recieved a couple of results in the searchwindow.

/djbarney

actually, i left the client on last night, nd when i woke up nd checked the pc, it had crashed again, exactly same error, just different time. this time it was in minimized mode though, so i dont know what it was doing at the time of the crash.