Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RadoX

Get IP for LAN IP auto

3 posts in this topic

I´ve seen this problem alot for users with laptops, thay sometimes swith between wireless and cable and therefor change there LAN IP. I think if there is a option to auto get internal ip like it does for WAN IP it would be a good thing.

Maybe a option to make one internal ip a defoult one (Like the cable ip) and if not connected by cable it would use the wireless ip.

For some routers thay use the computer name insted of ip (Like Speedtouch 585) so there would be no problem with the swith.

For routers using LAN ip numbers it would be more problem cos thay only open one port for one ip, so you would have to open 2 ports and the program would have to change port number aswell.

.......just thinking

Must agree on this one!

My HUB is on a lokal network of an ISP,everybody must use their LAN IP adress,if they forget to uncheck the update ip then they find themselfes with the ISP routers adress :( especialy NOOBS (90 % )

Hope that this is implementable,maybe that +myip result goes to the settings field?

Furthermore, I think a much wiser option would be to create a "Network interface for all connections" override in Favorite Hubs. That way, all connections for a certain hub will be going through that network address only. The same setting in Connection Settings could be transformed from a drop-down into a selectable list, and be used to limit which network connections can ApexDC use. This would please users that run ApexDC on network centerpoints or servers.

I should bring into attention another problem: people with multiple Internet connections (there's a whole ad-hoc network of people in this situation where I live, and I could surely get them to test a feature like this for me). Perhaps the "External/WAN IP" setting can be made hub-specific as well ?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0