Tomi

A mixture of options

4 posts in this topic

I've noticed that LDC, IceDc and Zion++ Green have several options which are not provided in Apex (or I haven't found them). So I've decided to gather them and write down them here.

I think some of them are just out-of-date, but there are a few of them which are welcomed by me or other people as well. The other options aren't understandable for me, so please explain them, if you can.

The first is the General part. In IceDc, you have the option to choose the way of appearance of nominal bandwidth. But I think choosing the connection type is not really important, because instead of that you can choose the line speed, but is the show speed option necessary where you can specify the downloading/uploading speeds from a list?

By connection settings "AutoUpdate IP every 10 minutes" and "allow hubs to set client's active mode IP" are missing. What does the second one stand for?

By Queue:

Advanced resume using TTH

Enable queue updating in real time (more CPU)

(what are these?)

Appearance:

Use OEM monoscaped font for viewing text files

Group search results by TTH (I think it is there, but I haven't found it.)

Bring back XP styled menus and toolbar

Load few last lines from log on new PM

Lines form log on new PM: <you can setup a number here>

Search history: <you can setup a number here>

Show icons in tabs (but what kind of icons?, which are next to the users or the green tab icon on the bottom?)

Colours & fonts: There are also other user types in the list: Normal user, Protected User (I think OPs and VIPs) and Protected Fav User. How about adding them to the list? :crying:

By other colours you can choose: queue progressbar common blocks, paused colour and running colour

Blend tabs instead of using bold font (I wonder how it works)

Advanced options:

Show Client/Server commands as status messages

Filter userlist on every key stroke (uses more resources)

Show clear button in main/private chat (I think there's no point in it, as you can select it from a menu as well)

Flash window on PM & Flash window on PM only if it's from a new user

Keep duplicate files in your file list

Use small send buffer (enable if uploads slow downloads a lot) --> that would be a great option

Enable automatic SFV checking

Tab completion of nicks in chat --> how does it work?

Search for files with TTH root only as standard (I think this shouldn't be an option nowadays :crying: )

Confirm connected hub reconnect

By Experts only: the Rollback is missing.

Downloads: Open new extra slots for downloads with high prio (What's the sense of this?)

Windows:

Ignore messages from users that are not online (It would be a great function against bots)

Open first <a number here> favourite hubs at startup. (There's no point in it, as you can select from the favourite hublist which should open at startup)

Actually where is the table of malevolous files? (like in LDC or in Zion++) I think it is worth adding this table.

Empty process working set (what is this?)

Disable the private messages from the bot, not just ignoring them

Show chunk info in transfers (I think it has already been there.)

Check only unverified chunks after downloading

Enable ZoneAlarm detection (what's ZoneAlarm got to do with DC at all?)

I will greatly appreciate the development of shutdown function. That would be nice if you can shutdown your computer at any time regardless of being finished with the downloads or not. LDC give you the choice to shutdown your computer after a certain amount of time. You can also add minutes as well.

Max number of alternate sources (where is it?)

Max emoticons in one chat message

Autosave queue every <number> minutes (Why do you have to save the queue so many times? :) )

And a few from Zion++ green:

Don't strip ISP tags for tab completion of nicks (what does it stand for?)

My favourite one is: Use partial file sharing upload Could you please put this option into Apex as well? I think the user have the right to decide what he/she wants to share.

There is also another useful option: "Prevent the upload on client who doesn't fully support TTH."

And you can also add the skiplist for downloads and sharing, but I think it isn't so important, since the user can remove anything from his/her share or download queue.

Thanks for your attention and I'm sorry for the pharsing, but I'm not English. :crying:

And I'm looking forward to reading your opinions about the options above.

most of what you are requesting are there already, not needed or are always on in ApexDC... as for the others most of them have been considered earlier already...

Many options are already here, some are obsolete , outdated or are removed because are always on.

Besides putting every available option without consider is not good idea.

Use partial file sharing upload => always on when You use multi-source

Advanced resume using TTH => obsolete (ApexDC++ always use advanced resume by TTH)

skiplist is in Settings => Advanced

Load few last lines from log on new PM in Settings => Experts => PM history

Search history in Settings => Experts => Search history

Max number of alternate source is in Settings => Queue => Manual settings of number of segments (otherwise depends on file size)

upload Enable ZoneAlarm detection now in Detect conflicting software

Show icons in tabs ... always shown?

Blend tabs instead of using bold font I think now Zion style tabs ?

Check only unverified chunks after downloading now obsolete

Filter userlist on every key stroke (uses more resources) here as Activate search/userlist by pressing Enter

Keep duplicate files in your file list - always kept

Tab completion of nicks in chat - start typing some1's nick in chat and press TAB

Check only unverified chunks after downloading

Enable ZoneAlarm detection (what's ZoneAlarm got to do with DC at all?)

ZoneAlarm Products can cause Rollback Inconisitencys in your transfers....