balder

the pirates bay down :(

19 posts in this topic

thepiratebay.org/

It is well worth watching to see the outcome of this situation it could set a precedent for the European countries (and the EU) which havn't already bowed to the pressure of American commerce. Also considering a lot of stable public hubs are based in Sweden it will be interesting to see what affect, if any, this has to the DC community

thepiratebay.org/

It is well worth watching to see the outcome of this situation it could set a precedent for the European countries (and the EU) which havn't already bowed to the pressure of American commerce. Also considering a lot of stable public hubs are based in Sweden it will be interesting to see what affect, if any, this has to the DC community

well now it at least reads on thepiratebay.org that it "will be up and fully functional within a day or two" :D

lets hope so :D

Edited by balder

I personally knew it wouldn't got down that easily.

..personally..

Is that to be taken literally

it wouldn't got down that easily

I know i was shocked it whet down at all and even more shocked that the Swedish law enforcement agencies seem to have performed (from what i understand) an illegal search.

Edited by balder

Is that to be taken literally

Not really. :D

Ah well, there's almsot more bittorrent sites to take it's place if it goes. With private trackers, if they go down you care for two reasons: you may have uplaoded loads there, and we like to think private trackers are secure.

To be honest i don't really use bit torrent (DC is so much better) but i have always kept an eye on the pirates bay because they really take the piss. But t is actually more then that in Sweden (from what i understand) the pirates bay has been a pivotal force in creating debate about the legality of torrents and more fundamentally copyright. so even though there will, most deferentially, be another site to take the place of pirates bay. unless it is run by the same people i doubt it will provoke the same amount of public interest/debate

apparently

The Pirate bay was the 479 most visited website in the world ranking 21 in Sweden and 312 in the U.S. In comparison, CNN.com is the 125 most popular site in Sweden.
ref:MPAA press release

That is a "popular" F@$%ing site and a hell of a lot of opinions to ....*

* couldn't think of the correct word to finish this sentence, something like affect/poison/mold, hope you get the idea

Edited by balder

Well, the police shut Pirate bay down for illegal buiness, although on the same servers as Pirate bay was on was alot of other company aswell, so the police will get a lot of people against them for doing that. Since these companies have lost alot because of that.

Well, the police shut Pirate bay down for illegal buiness.

The piratesbay hasn't broken any (existing) Swedish law. There defense is that they are not providing any copyrighted material. They are just providing instructions on where to obtain that material (a torrent doesn't contain any copyright material, just a pointer too where you can get it from). Its a bit like someone giving you a map of all the people in your area selling pirated videos/dvd's, the person selling the map isn't breaking the law.

I should point out that torrents ARE illegal in the US and im pretty sure its illegal here in the UK and probably anywhere else that the us* has an influence. However there are a lot of developed countries in Europe which have sensible copyright laws (:blushing:), for the moment (;)), and the EU hasn't decided what it thinks yet either.

I think it is a watch this space moment. This trial, if one occurs, will be one which starts to define these laws for Sweden. However they as there law stands they have broken no Swedish law**

*i just wanted to say i am not having a go at America but i do think American commerce has a lot of influence in these matters [1]

**I have formed these opinions from various Internet and news sites [2] so can admit that i may be wrong but im pretty sure what I've said is pretty accurate.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_Jon#The_DeCSS_prosecution

[2] google

Edited by balder

I don't mind if you're all anti-American or whatever, you can have any opinion you like if you justify it (as you have).

just to be really annoying and annal. ---

it is not america i have an issue with it is american commerce

EDIT:its its 3:53am im drunk, sorry

Edited by balder

just to be really annoying and annal. ---

it is not america i have an issue with it is american commerce

EDIT:its its 3:53am im drunk, sorry

It is 10:13 currently at my place, I'm still not drunk and I think you are right, even if you are drunk. Moreover, I think that the American commerce is nasty related with the American military force (and not only). Never mind... :blushing:

It is 10:13 currently at my place, I'm still not drunk and I think you are right, even if you are drunk. Moreover, I think that the American commerce is nasty related with the American military force (and not only). Never mind... :blushing:

haha, i think you noticed, but it is really hard to make serious comments like that without sounding like David Iyke. they did a good job with that plant ;) ^_^

;) thats more like it :blushing:

edit:some links seem to still be dead but thats understandable. but where is there spout about what just happened. they have to publish it all (if they can)

Edited by balder

Pirate Bay is back again !!! :)

Here is a blog containing some photos from the protest in Stockholm.

And here is a video from the tv news. :o

Edited by AddictedToChaos

Pirate Bay is back again !!! :)

is it back under the same name or still as the police bay?

is it back under the same name or still as the police bay?

It was police bay when i last looked, but now they have database problems:

We're experiencing some issues with the database. Please try again soon.