Vmon

New User

10 posts in this topic

Good afternoon Everyone!!

I am a new user after Apex was recommended by a user in my hub. I run a hub, but unfortunately cannot connect using Apex. I get the message that the minimum number of slots is 1. I have three upload slots allocated, as I do using StrongDC.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!

that's strange since apexdc can not be set to use 0 slots i think, atleast i could not do that myself, is this in all hubs you try?

that's strange since apexdc can not be set to use 0 slots i think, atleast i could not do that myself, is this in all hubs you try?

No, it happens only in my own hub. This has me stumped!!

No, it happens only in my own hub. This has me stumped!!

I should add that I am running PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.5.1 with Darkclerk v1.3 script. I have Apex set exactly the same as in StrongDC.

Okay, will give it a try.

Okay, it worked by connecting through the Public Hubs list. Now, will I still get the full benefits of Apex even in emulation mode?????

Thanks to both of you for your help!!!!!

For the most part yes, apparently segmented downloads are off in emu hubs but it segs for me....

For the most part yes, apparently segmented downloads are off in emu hubs but it segs for me....

The segment downloading works a little differently I believe. I think the main difference is that when a segment is finished it actually disconnects, meaning you can lose your slot. Not too sure if I'm right, but I believe that's required to emulate DC++ well.

The segment downloading works a little differently I believe. I think the main difference is that when a segment is finished it actually disconnects, meaning you can lose your slot. Not too sure if I'm right, but I believe that's required to emulate DC++ well.

Yeah...you're right...