Tempest

Ip of user

7 posts in this topic

hey,

Ive got a DC++ network setup at home, and i would like to know if there anyway of finding out the IP of any particulaer user?

ask on the forum of the hubsoftware you use...

server side issue

Why would you need such particular info? I would accept a question about problematic download, etc.

If you are an OP you would see IP's of all hub users. ApexDC++ has IP column in user list.

If you are not OP then you would see IP of another user after you successfuly connect with him (for isntance, after you get his filelist)

There is an option to 'attempt to show users IP address in Main Chat' altho I dont know if it only works if you OP.

I OP in all the hubs i'm in and it works fine for me....

There is an option to 'attempt to show users IP address in Main Chat' altho I dont know if it only works if you OP.

I OP in all the hubs i'm in and it works fine for me....

Yes, it requires to be an OP, or... a special client.

Apex DC++ appears to forget IPs that have become known to it. Most of the time, even a connection will not add that user's Ip to the list. It seems that they need to connect to me for this to happen, but I'm not sure. I'd expect the Ip column to get filled in over time from connections and search queries, but it does not happen.

In Greylink DC++, I can search for ".mp3 mp3", ".avi avi" or similar, and get the addresses of most hub users from wherever the responses to those searches were sent from. Greylink lacks some functions and stability though.