Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irish

Automatically create folders woth hub names when downloading

7 posts in this topic

Hi.

How are yez all.

Like, I kinda keep hub members file lists.

Now Was this mentioned before in another thread.

But I've often had the problem of downloading something.

Later on, the download stops and you can't remember what bloody (can I say Bloody-oops just did)

that lovely person you are downloading from is in.

So This is my request.

When downloading a file a subfolder titled the name of the hub you are downloading from is automatically created, and obviously the file will go into that folder.

As I was writing this, I thought, well why not just create folders in favourites with the names of your favourite hubs.

I've done it, but not sure how sucessful I will be in always remembering to click

"download to"

M

This request, if you ask me, is a bit on the edge...

First off, the same file that you were downloading on one hub could be found on other hubs as well, so the question of where you acquired it first is kind of irrelevant, as long as you have a TTH-based "Search for alternates"

Second off, it would be difficult to code in my opinion, but let's say the coders do it. We get to the third issue: what if that person changes the filename / nickname / IP address ? And that same person can be on more hubs at a tiome... and that same person will change its filelist, or another person with the same nickname may enter... thus resulting in a clogged download environment for most of us who do not wish to bother with such rigurous download space.

So... what is that facility useful for exactly ?

Storing some reminder for where the source user was would be useful. I've needed this a few times while downloading rare files, had to visit all hubs in my favorites 'till i find the source users. But creating folders for each source... hell no! ;)

I'd preffer a modification for the file tooltips/context menu. Instead of having "username (Offline)" , better have "username (last seen in XYZ hub)". Like it's recorded for favorite users.

Storing some reminder for where the source user was would be useful. I've needed this a few times while downloading rare files, had to visit all hubs in my favorites 'till i find the source users. But creating folders for each source... hell no! ;)

I'd preffer a modification for the file tooltips/context menu. Instead of having "username (Offline)" , better have "username (last seen in XYZ hub)". Like it's recorded for favorite users.

Will this need some new code too, as with PM? Or, if it does, maybe the code will be similar for both and there is some point to be written out?

Will this need some new code too, as with PM? Or, if it does, maybe the code will be similar for both and there is some point to be written out?

I think this needs just a little more code, which will add a hub tag for each source in queue.xml. And a small modification to show that tag instead of (Offline).

Crise should know better :)

Will this need some new code too, as with PM?

Of course it's going to need new code, what sort of question is that? :)

Or maybe it's a reason for this nor to b e written out, because it requires the same code as the PM fequest which isn't likely to happen soon? :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0