tts2271

emulation in quick connect

25 posts in this topic

can you please disable the default emulation when connecting to a hub through the quick connect option?

whats the point in having this on anyway? i thought apexes policy was to proudly present the real tag of this great client and only emulating when its absolutely neccesary, not the other way around.

The point in it is that most hubs will let you in if emulation is turned on. If add the hub to your favorites you can disable it yourself.

:-( that so totally doesnt makes sense. emulation makes mulisource less effective for example.

it should be off as a default setting for quick connect also, or at least as a option in the settings to enable it afterwards.

It doesn't take much time to set it up. Personally I don't pick up new hubs too often, I use the ones that are in my Favorites, and all settings are set there as needed.

True, but is it to difficult to be made like option "Emulation default on" and "Emulation default off"?

But this way user at least has to use BRAIN... otherwise he would just leave emulation on all hubs coz it's easier.

But this way user at least has to use BRAIN... otherwise he would just leave emulation on all hubs coz it's easier.

No abuse to anyone, but please remember your first days at PC/DC, I am sure they were like mine. I. e., do not expect TO MUCH from the poor simple newbie user. :P

I'm just saying Apex should flow in direction of not having emu at all. Anyway it should be only used on "stupid" hubs that doesn't allow this good client.

I have the same opinion. There shouldn't be any emulation at all and I'm going to remove it in the future. Only some stupid hubs don't allow our client and emulation is there only for reason to show them we are not stupid as themselves and we can get in their hub also if they forbid it.

If emulation will be removed in the future, it will be only good. These stupid hubs will lose a lot of users and it's only their problem :P))

Cool hope apex does this aswell why hide behind another tag

...If emulation will be removed in the future, it will be only good. These stupid hubs will lose a lot of users and it's only their problem :P ))

I agree with your point, but NEVER underestimate stupidity. We could lose users as well, and frankly I personally will have to think about using no emulation client, if this decreases the no. of hubs I can be.

Someone has to make the first step. It's not gonna change if we don't do anything.

Maybe it would be a good idea to remove emu on ADC first?

there will be no reason to have emulation in the future, because current DC++ SVN supports segmented downloading ;-)

Sorry to say that but only unexpirienced user would like to have tag of multisource client ON when he is cruising for new hubs... When you find hubs you like you can turn on your real tag and probably find out that you cant even enter in some of them because of apex tag. So ask yourself what you really want? To show everyone that you are using apex or to use apex as a client to find things you want on dc++ hubs... I think APEX dont need advertising. He is good by itself. People recommend apex to each other... thats the best about it... It would be good for most of us if that option would stay like it is - with emulation ON. Cheers...

Sorry to say that but only unexpirienced user would like to have tag of multisource client ON when he is cruising for new hubs... When you find hubs you like you can turn on your real tag and probably find out that you cant even enter in some of them because of apex tag. So ask yourself what you really want? To show everyone that you are using apex or to use apex as a client to find things you want on dc++ hubs... I think APEX dont need advertising. He is good by itself. People recommend apex to each other... thats the best about it... It would be good for most of us if that option would stay like it is - with emulation ON. Cheers...

:unsure:

lame hubs don't allow multisource

lame hubs don't deserve me as a user

lame hubs don't have me as a user :)

lame hubs don't allow multisource

lame hubs don't deserve me as a user

lame hubs don't have me as a user :)

I agree. Lame hubs live in the dark ages.

Nah, I give up. 0day hubs are lame. You are right...
No, that's not what he was saying. Hubs with stupid rules are lame.

download source, search for "setStealth(true)" in client.cpp, replace it with "setStealth(false)", recompile, no more Emulation in Quick Connect.