Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kole

Selecting download for existing directory doesn't add user to list

10 posts in this topic

Problem is following: I started downloading one folder from one user that was full of pictures (with many subfolders). Now, that user changed his nick and all files have "User offline" status. I tried to open his file list and select download for that same folder again hoping that ApexDC++ will also detect same files inside its subfolders and offer him as alternative source, but no avail... only files in root folder are downloaded, for rest need to choose "Search for alternatives" one by one and since there's 1000+ pictures there's no way I can do that.

Can someone suggest me what to do or add that functionality in next version if it doesn't exist.

AFAICR it was discussed, but can't remember what was the decision, or whether it was possible at all. I know how annoying this could be. A lame fix would be to PM the user and ask him to change the nick back or share with a separate client and the old nick esp. for you.

Problem is following: I started downloading one folder from one user that was full of pictures (with many subfolders). Now, that user changed his nick and all files have "User offline" status. I tried to open his file list and select download for that same folder again hoping that ApexDC++ will also detect same files inside its subfolders and offer him as alternative source, but no avail... only files in root folder are downloaded, for rest need to choose "Search for alternatives" one by one and since there's 1000+ pictures there's no way I can do that.

Can someone suggest me what to do or add that functionality in next version if it doesn't exist.

MATCH QUEUE ? Right click on the new user name and match queue option,it works for me.

Or is it just by accident? I think that match queue is for that.

Hope that it will work for you too.

If it is confirmed to always work, will be nice.

it always works, after all this is its purpose - checks your Q for files with same tth as in the user's filelist :blushing:

Thanks, it worked for me, but I think it would be nice if user could do that for single directory or file in File List view.

Maybe avoiding constant search load for matches?

What was proposed Zlo was match directory as well as match queue within the file list.....so I dont see how it would avoid searching....

Searching will be done only once, when user initiates it manually. Some peeps may prefer it this way.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0