apexguy

Client Emulation

15 posts in this topic

Some hubs only allow DC++ clients and do not accept any mods. Is there a way to implement a client emulation on Apex that many other clients use to make your client show to the hub as a normal DC++ version or BCDC++ version?

Thanks guys for a great program!

Uhm..yes, it's already there....just add hub to favorites then select Emulate DC++ in this hub from favs.

@Staff: Consider moving to Support pls.

Uhm..yes, it's already there....just add hub to favorites then select Emulate DC++ in this hub from favs.

yes, already there, but since version 0.4.0 i couldn't get into any of abc network's hubs, as they all spot that i'm just emulating dc++ ... aready told about this long long time agon on the hub, and maybe on this forum as well ;)

As a abc op ill tell u this dont let me catch u there cause kick and ban for multisource is nr 1 so plz refraim from being there. Respect ABC Network rules

I am in many ABC hubs with NP.

huhhh, seems like it's only me having some sh*t in the pie ... it really works at my mother-in-law's place, but not here ;)

Maybe it is some of the connection settings or other, influencing the string?

When you first enter a hub the client automatically enables emulation (I think), and it's also available from favorites as Satan said.

When I connect to a local private hub, the client shows up as banned even with DC++ emulation checked. Normal DC++ or BCDC++ works fine.

What is the hub soft? Is it wise to speak with the hub's staff (is hub staff Apex-frendly)?

What is the hub soft? Is it wise to speak with the hub's staff (is hub staff Apex-frendly)?

YnHub and the staff wants nothing to do with Apex. They believe their own ripped off BCDC version with a few changes is the best and only client to use on their hub.

@Staff - since this is happening from 0.4.0 to now, please consider moving to Bug Reports.

Maybe one of the OPs' client automatically checks users' client when they enter... in that case, it detects that it is ApexDC++ emulating.

@apexguy - If so, please try to enter the hub with say SDC++ or ApexDC++ 0.3.0, let's see whether it will be captured.