IgorHW

Ignore PM's from users?

13 posts in this topic

Is there a ignore list in Apex? I have problems with spammers and it would be great to just ignore their private messages.

Doesn't the ignore option you find in Settings - Advanced - Misc block PM's as well as in main chat?

I did not see this option (Settings - Advanced - Misc - Block users) before, thanks.

It would be great if we had "Add user to ignore list" command in context menu (like "Add to favorites").

I did not see this option (Settings - Advanced - Misc - Block users) before, thanks.

It would be great if we had "Add user to ignore list" command in context menu (like "Add to favorites").

But we do have "Ignore user". Afaik it is the same.

But we do have "Ignore user". Afaik it is the same.

Indeed, we don't have a list of these available like we do for favorite users though? Is it even worth adding? :)

That's not bad to see antispam protection in your client like this:

9831413.jpg

"user has been disabled receiving PMs. use password *pokemon* in case of emergency. dont abuse: slot-askers will be banned+ignored forever and will not download even in queue order."

That's not bad to see antispam protection in your client like this

I completely disagree!

There are many such leecher clients out in DC world, they simply block PM's for any access until you provide a password.. And when it's time for an operator to send a warning or a kick to that user, it comes to a question after some time (when user actually notices that he is banned).. "Why the f*ck did I get banned? I didn't get any PM that you sent me! You think I'm stupid?".

I'm not thinking to make sure that you got the message or not, I send it to many users, you're not the only one, and I don't get paid for sending those warning PMs.

So please, to hell with that feature request.

And when it's time for an operator to send a warning or a kick to that user...

There is no problem. If you are admin\operator you have operator status on that hub, so there is no problem to turn off password request for usesrs with operator status! And forget about spam and ban ^_^ forever! I don't want use like many others in our local net FlyLink DC++ just because it have pm protection feature!

The dark clients make light clients to progress. Funny, but reality. ^_^

BAD FEATURE, KILL DC, NONONO!!!

Anything in Flylink or Greylink is evil, no usey!! bad bad!!

That is not exactly true, though FlyLink++ does have features that make it a bad client in some ways, it is still far better than GreyLink... and despite all of their bad features they do have some that are actually very nice and perfectly acceptable additions. However, for GreyLink nothing will excuse the fact that it breaks GPL.

BAD FEATURE, KILL DC, NONONO!!!

You sound silly. How old are you?:)