Mikey_69

Apex 1.0.0B4 an OP client?

10 posts in this topic

Recently I've been bombarded with comments like "Why are you sharing with an OP client?".. Is Apex a pure OP client or a share client?

ApexDC is not an OP client...After getting a final release the OP client version of Apex will begin if I remember correctly.

Blah blah blah has cmd extensions i don't like repenting myself

Blah blah blah has cmd extensions i don't like repenting myself

Don't be so rude, Toast.

We class ApexDC++ 1.0 as a multi-purpose client. We're working towards a stable release that both Operators and regular people can use.  Just because it has certain features does not mean its just an op client.

If we ever receive a dedicated developer willing to code an OP client for us, then by all means we'll start work on it. :stuart:

And if the next question is why, that's really quite simple... it's quite hard for anyone to split into two as far as I know :stuart:

Recently I've been bombarded with comments like "Why are you sharing with an OP client?".. Is Apex a pure OP client or a share client?

Telling whoever is asking you to not be so stupid!!

Like ops never share....

OPs often share, not so much in public hubs, atleast not the ones I've been in. Basically you've said what I said to them, it's a well stocked client. Equally suited for both purposes. Atleast from what I've found while using Apex.

I think We're missing the problem right now... it's not really that important whenever Apex (or any other) is (classified) an OP client or not.

The point is - there are LOT's of moron OPs out there juest waiting for any chaeting string to pop out - without considering what it really mean, is detection accurate or anything. If We're talking about AML (I'm 99% sure we do) then even IF Apex wouldn't be classified as OP-client it would (according to scheme) have "Multisource Client Detected" instead and probably You would still be kicked, only with different reason.

I don't see the point in kicking OP clients from my hub as long as they don't contain any bad features (and are up to date with min requirements as userclients) and I'm strongly against it. I also disagree with putting "OP Client Detected" in cheating string in AML - only contain this info in comments.

And IMHO what should be done (probably... somewhere in the future) is to modify clients profile list structure.

It could contain all possible feature tokens in the header (like: "OP features", "faking share", "emulation", "multisource<10", ect.) and each client profile would only contain info witch features are presented.

OPerator would have to consider (using brain is recommended) witch features are acceptable and would be able to set correct RAWs with just a few clicks (even if list would contain hundreds of clients).

Much more flexibility isn't it? ;)

Right! ;)

"Why are you sharing with an OP client?"

Why wouldn't you? DC about file sharing, and you use (share with) whatever client you want to if we're talking about "legitimate" clients. Some people OP with plain DC++ or non-OP clients, wouldn't it be dumb to bombard them with "Why are you OPping with an user client?"

;)