Aztek

[BUG][1.0.0B4] dchub links bug

15 posts in this topic

Sometimes when i click a dchub:// link apexdc opens a new instance of itself and without asking..

wery annoying...

please fix :blushing:

I have just installed windows vista. I will give this a go mate :)

Please accept my sincere condolences, I think ifmn will present his condolences too.

Well... u r fkcued up, m8. Two bad words: 1st - windows and 2nd (even worse) - vista. This "great" OS cant even move files properly, broke compatability with tons of programs, did much more and even caused me 5x more trouble than all my linux distros did. //I wont argue how lame it is any more, so please dont bother defending it.

LOL!!! Ok, I will say nothing to defend it then.

Anyways, to the topic at hand.

I have tried this Aztek and it always opens in the same Apex for me....

Are you sure that it is opening the dchub:// from the same directory as you have apex installed?

Only thing I can think of, that apex.exe is present on your pc twice.

yes i am sure, the same exe file is run again, i checked that with process explorer :P

You know I know the answer to this...Problem is I cannot think of the words to use to give you an answer. I'm gonna try but work with me.

When you click on a dchub:// link for the first time whatever browser you are using will ask if you want to handle that link the same way from now on. If infact you check mark yes and are running a client for some reason windows cannot see that the program is already open therefore it tries to start a new instance of the program to compinsate as windows sees and thinks this is what is needed to use that link. Sadly the only way I have found to fix this is totally default your browser back to its installed format. If that doesnt work you will have to uninstall your browser and delete the folder and anything left over the browser uninstaller does not remove.

If this is unclear I can try to think of another way to put it or maybe someone that does understand this can make it a bit more clearer or user friendly

Edited by Mikey

my browser is firefox, also, why would the question for a new instance be skipped ???

the program is sent a dchub link, it tryes to run but sees that it is already open, send the dchub link to the already running process :P

If you had it set to launch on say StrongDC and you set it that way a year ago and now Strong isnt on your comp but apex is the browser is confusing itself.....damn I wish I could think of the best way to explain this.. :P

but apexdc is the selected HANDLER for this protocol, there can't be two handlers, just one and i only have one :P

I have vista on 2 machines now and niether do this.

"Vista is to have, not to work with..." :P