Ottie

Op-client ApexDC++

40 posts in this topic

hey:

how are you going to prevent regular users to get the Op-client?

and how are we Op`s going to get it ?

need a strong new and mega good client i am sure Apex gonna be it:

how are you going to prevent regular users to get the Op-client?

and how are we Op`s going to get it ?

OP clients are genrelly avalible to anyone. It is the hub soft that prevents non-OPs users from using it

OP clients are genrelly avalible to anyone. It is the hub soft that prevents non-OPs users from using it

Exactly. No point in a regular user downloading the Op client when the features/commands aren't displayed to them.

oki then we are on same page this string can then be closed

thx :)

Nope, this is a good topic. We'll have to ensure we express this point to users when having a choice between the clients.

An interesting idea would be to have a double client - both a regular one and an "OP" one... since all DCs can detect your "OPness" on every hub, how about if ApexDC will have OP functions that would only be available on the hubs where the user is an OP?

The reason behind this idea is that I'd like to stay on more hubs... some on which not necessarily being an OP, and I don't much like the idea of having two DC clients...

Also, a separate filelist for every hub would really come in handy...

how about if ApexDC will have OP functions that would only be available on the hubs where the user is an OP?

most OP-clients have that funtion already

most OP-clients have that funtion already

StrongDC++ does it. It hides OP features when you're a regular user, but I remember us deciding on a seperate client so the size isn't dramatically increased.

There's also features which an OP may use which would require extra memory to be used b y the client, even if they weren't on an OP hub possibly. One example of this (although it has n ot been devleoped and may never be) in the PM code/feature, where you could s ee the user a hub was on prior to going offline if you recieved a PM from them.

Also, a separate filelist for every hub would really come in handy...

What about that feature? I would like it -- then, you need not run 2 instances to have a different share on a different hub...

What about that feature? I would like it -- then, you need not run 2 instances to have a different share on a different hub...

i won't see this happening, not anytime soon anyways :)

a separate filelist for every hub would really come in handy

It's a common request... is it because of difficulty in implementation, or for some other reason that it has not been taken up yet?

Lot's of people speaks about it... nah there is a lot more important things to implement sooner. If it's an OP client simply hideshare is enough.

Lot's of people speaks about it... nah there is a lot more important things to implement sooner. If it's an OP client simply hideshare is enough.

I completly agree ;)

It's a common request... is it because of difficulty in implementation, or for some other reason that it has not been taken up yet?
Impossible to work properly for hubs which use the NMDC protocol (without changing the protocol).

Should work fine with ADC protocol hubs. ;)

wow this post just confused me what if i want the op version of this client becuase im op in most places will i have to run the less good non-op one in the other hubs? or will it be smart?

wow this post just confused me what if i want the op version of this client becuase im op in most places will i have to run the less good non-op one in the other hubs? or will it be smart?

Eh? You can use the op client with multiple hubs you know.

i know i can but this post confused me will i be able to be say reg in the hub and still see my op commands or will it be smart and take them off like it should

i know i can but this post confused me will i be able to be say reg in the hub and still see my op commands or will it be smart and take them off like it should

It'll hopefully hide them.

(Speaking of seperate file list for each hub)

that would be nice, but we shold not have to hide shares because op, or have op client

just a thought

some hubs will not let hide share

Haign no share, and havign a different share, are two very different things. It's not sharing anything different, it's just hiding it all togther. The hide share feature will be optional I would assume, you won't be forced to hide your share.