Zlobomir

Apex remains in systray

11 posts in this topic

A couple of times, maybe both when exiting Far Cry, Apex remained in systray w/o any reaction, impossible even to bring it up with starting and selecting "No" on the question for another instances. I noticed that in these cases Apex used only a bit over 20MB of RAM and no CPU, acc. to Taskman.

This is for an official version, so it should be in public forums. :blushing:

I experienced something similar like this right after quitting from a game, but waiting a few seconds in my case works out.

I find that if you click the apex icon (as if your going to load it fresh) then click NO when asked to open another version, your old version will show back up.

This is a windows bug afaik. Don't happen in vista tho - not so far anyway.

I find that if you click the apex icon (as if your going to load it fresh) then click NO when asked to open another version, your old version will show back up.

I thought it is the intended behaviour. You click if you need the client, so it logically pops-up.

@Lее - I know it is for an official version, but considering my a little old H/W and strange circumstances, did not wanted to start a witch-hunt.

it works for me in vista, even with uac on :stuart:

Yeh, vista seems to be less windows buggy, thus far, give it time tho.

Also, I don't see why a 'XP with bells and whistles - which is what vista is really' has so many compatibility problems.

Like you'd think Apex would run the same as in XP, but nooooo :stuart: shame really.

vista has loads of new things

for a short example

new 3d engine (dx10)

the "aero"

the sound mechanism

and others, obvously those all need new drivers to work and that takes time

soon, probably all or atleast most vista driver problems will be gone :)

Lets hope so, so far I see more people with problems than people actually having it running smoothly. I've had my fair share of probs too.

I just cant wait for SP1 and hopefully it fixes all these niggles.

Well, at least MS makes a progress... 2000 had 4 SPs, before can be called an OS :) , XP had 2, 2003 had 1, Vista might manage with one too. ;)

Unlikely ;)

I guess I should remember XP without SP1, it was a buggy POS too. I guess in this day and age I just expect perfection first time out.