Crise

Website updates

32 posts in this topic

We're doing some updates to the front page, some have already been completed and others are on the to-do list. Things we're hoping to achieve on the front page:

• Displaying total views per announcement [completed]
  • Using IPB's date and time format to display date posted (e.g. 23 minutes ago, Yesterday, 15:03 AM/PM) [completed]
  • Fix the padding of lists [completed]
  • Reduce padding between ads [completed]
  • Ability for user to distinguish between a standard, new version, and update announcement (different colour) [completed]
  • Pinned topics stay at top of the news [completed]
  • For longer news posts only the first 200 words will be visible on front page (if 200 words is exeeded adds a read more link) [completed]
  • Fix padding of text after lists [completed]
  • Fix color errors, that were to appear if certain conditions were met [completed]
  • Add support for attachments [completed]
  • Move notifications and handy links from welcome panel to notification panel [completed]

KP just supplied me with a new forum banner, so go check it out and post your thoughts! :)

Edit: We're hoping to keep new versions and featured guides different colours for 7 days before they return back to their original grey so they stand out. This is why there is a Released tag on this news item. After 7 days it should default back to grey and we'll know it has been successful.

Now I'm curious as to what these modifications are, I'll assume they're frontpage/website related.

Now I'm curious as to what these modifications are, I'll assume they're frontpage/website related.

nothing big, and most likely some things will still change around :)

ps: see the main site :)

Okay i ignore you :)

did you really expect this topic to get no replies when it has such an alluring title. you may as well have just said dont press the big red button o_donotclick.jpg

Edited by balder

I've updated the post to specify what we're hoping to achieve in coming days for the front page. :)

did you really expect this topic to get no replies when it has such an alluring title. you may as well have just said dont press the big red button

I never clicked on that. :)

Nice new banner. Fits the colour scheme much better then the IPB default one at least.

Nice new banner. Fits the colour scheme much better then the IPB default one at least.

"at least" want something changed? :)

I'm not sure about the text...it looks a bit too simple.

Bare in mind it is a temporary banner till Inkorp sends me the logo.

Bare in mind it is a temporary banner till Inkorp sends me the logo.

Maybe you should have sent me the psd. :)

Uhh...I deleted it. :D

Ah well. We can wait for the logo and then redo the forum banner. :P

Minor update:

Just added the news rss feed in front page in a way that makes it work with firefox and other browsers supporting rss feeds (in other words added it as "alternate" to head tags)

I really like the new forum header and the style, great job guys! (I'd really like to learn how to make bars like the ones this forum is using, the gloss I mean).

I really like the new forum header and the style, great job guys! (I'd really like to learn how to make bars like the ones this forum is using, the gloss I mean).

nerdcoregfx provides a good "glossification" tutorial :D

nerdcoregfx provides a good "glossification" tutorial :D

Available here. I'm sure you've already seen it though, since you visit Nerdcore regulary.

And speaking of forum images, I updated the grey-ish colour to give the forum more sharpness (the other looked too rounded).

Available here.

your pretty sexy Lee :Davatar6_6.gif

Edited by balder

your pretty sexy Lee :D

LOL :P (and if this get's deleted i'll just "undelete" it)

:P :D

please feel free to treat 'this' post like spyke's

Edited by balder

nah, can't be bothered now, let's see if Lee can :D

anyway to get this back on-topic what would you members like to see done on the website next?

LOL :) (and if this get's deleted i'll just "undelete" it)

I guess we'll have to keep it then. ^_^

;) :blushing:

Stop writing in damn italics. ;)

Stop writing in damn italics.

sorry i'm not up on my web etiquette.

didn't realize that sort of thing bothered people. Admittedly i do use it a lot. I always have an after thought which is generally contradictory, off the point or untested i therefore put it in italics so it isn't given much consideration or to indicate it should be taken as an after thought (which is what it is)

it was really hard not to use italics, especially for this bit :blushing: ;)

it was really hard not to use italics, especially for this bit ;)^_^

:blushing:... Just use "Edit:".

Indeed, use 'EDIT:' or 'Edit:' before what you're putting to show that it was an afterthought - if you put it in italics, people think it's more important than the rest of the post.