Mikey_69

Share problem...

8 posts in this topic

It seems like I've been struck by a case of "forgetting-sh*t". I've recently bought a new 500 gb disc which I've hooked up and added to be shared. Moved a few files already shared to this new disc to free up space on the built in disc, which will result in the computer running smoother. Anywho, I moved the files, tried to add them to my share and get this "Virtual directory already exist".

Had a small time out from DC and internet for a while and I've tried remembering what to do, but nothing pops up.

Do I have to delete HashIndex to sort this? Or can I simply add folders to the existing directory which will fit the Virtual directory and then uncheck them in the Settings - Sharing before deleting them?

Hope I didn't make a mess out of this, woke up about 15 minutes ago and checked my share, got sick and after a short "reaction" I decided to fix it, somehow...

on your new HD when you select what to share ... do you give it exactly the same name (upper case-lower case characters don't matter in win environment) for the shared folder (virtual folder) as some already existing virtual folder in your share (probably on your previous HD?

as i'm thinking of sg like this.

and if this is the case ... first remove the old virtual folder from your share, and only add the new one after.

What I did was that I created a new folder inside my previous shared directory on disc C, then I could remove the virtual folder too, went to new disc G and added the moved folder with the same name... So smooth... But my share still looks like poop on a stick, but that's my fault...

well, the easiest way is always to delete the current and let dc to recreate the whole thing :) .... (i guess if you have sata drives and probably a strong computer, it won't take days to rehash everything) ... or you can wait until someone who understands your problem better than me sais a one step too easy solution :)

but anyway ... worth a try checking if there are any same named folders in your share (either virtual or physical)

Did you try adding the folder with a different name? I didnt get all of what u and MiRaGe said, but anyway - i think this will work 100%:

• 0. Close the client, wait for its process to end;
    1. Delete HashIndex.xml and HashData.dat in settings directory;
    2. Remove all shared directories from DCPlusPlus.xml (search for <Share> ... </Share>) and if you want Noshare-d;
    3. Move stuff around and then share everything you want to;
    4. Thank MiRaGe and ifmn for their efforts/help :) //joking

Also, you may try this without doing step 1, dunno if it'll work.

HTH. //Congrats on your new HDD, i wish u big share and upload :)

//Edit: should've posted this in support, Mikey_69. Reminder @ staff: please move this thread. ;)

Edited by ifmn

i was thinking of the same when writting "the easiest way is always to delete the current and let dc to recreate the whole thing" :)

next week i'll have that huge HDD too :)

If you still have not started rebuilding share, try switching to "Use old sharing user interface" in File>Settings>Options. It will allow manipulations with virtual folders, as far as I can remember, altho afaik we sorted this one long ago... Still, worth to try.

I got it sorted by creating new folders with the same names as the ones I moved from the old directory and then unchecked them in Settings - Sharing.

Then I was free to add the new Virtual Directories in the new location. Got to remember this when I buy 2 new discs in the next months..