wenjon

refreshing request

15 posts in this topic

I really like the option in fulDC to refresh seperate directories. Can it be added in ApexDC++?

Thnx :)

I really like the option in fulDC to refresh seperate directories. Can it be added in ApexDC++?

Thnx :)

What is the point in this? You may as well just refresh the whole filelist.

What is the point in this? You may as well just refresh the whole filelist.

refershing the whole list takes ages with big shares

refershing the whole list takes ages with big shares

what you consider as big share?

+400GB

it doesn't take too long if you just hash the new files, not complete share :)

I share 850Gb and fair enough it does take ages when your hashing for the very first time. but when you simply add new files to share it doesn't take any longer than the above option would.

If you only hash a folder then you will only share that folder.....

it doesn't take too long if you just hash the new files, not complete share :)

I hope you're not thinking i'm hashing my complete share every time...........

I share +1000GB myself. I experienced that you need enough memory to refresh your filelist with a share like that without DC crashing.

Anyway, it was just a request. Maybe I'm the only one who had this prob :)

Or Maybe You could guys improve the hashing system to hash more qucikly boost the speed of hash, that would help a lot of people let's say like the people who doesn't have a fast hard drive or i don't know .... but if you will improve the hash speed that would be great ... i don't know .... hope you can do this ...

Or Maybe You could guys improve the hashing system to hash more qucikly boost the speed of hash, that would help a lot of people let's say like the people who doesn't have a fast hard drive or i don't know .... but if you will improve the hash speed that would be great ... i don't know .... hope you can do this ...

why to "fix" something that isn't broken :) users with limited RAM / slow HD can just limit the max hash speed.

It's not that i don't like the idea of improving hashing speed, but i consider myself not familiar enough with TTH to go mess around with it.

Yeah, messing with hashing algorithms would not be a good idea unless totally confident.

What about a live refresh?! would that hog the client. an automatic refresh of new files upon addon to the shared folders.

What about a live refresh?! would that hog the client. an automatic refresh of new files upon addon to the shared folders.

That would need constant monitoring of the hashed folders....

why to "fix" something that isn't broken :) users with limited RAM / slow HD can just limit the max hash speed.

It's not that i don't like the idea of improving hashing speed, but i consider myself not familiar enough with TTH to go mess around with it.

Heh, the only way to make it hash even faster is to compile CPU specific versions much like Shareaza does sometimes. Those things hash huge files with all four of 'razas hashes (ed2k, md5, sha1, tth) in very small amounts of time. But it's too much of a hassle.

That would need constant monitoring of the hashed folders....

Yes it would, but almost every P2p client does it, DC lags a long ways away from mainstream P2P. Of course, it could be just the way that DC++ was made.