Kole

Downloading from hub with internal IP while connected to internet

13 posts in this topic

Here's my problem - I'm connected on Wireless VPN (with IP 10.200.x.x) that has its own hub so I can download from other users very fast without using external bandwidth. Now, if I connect to internet, hub detects external IP and I'm auto-kicked from it...

Can I somehow configure ApexDC++ to report only internal IP address so I can use hub and internet at same time?

so you want to use this client for both your internal hub on your network, and the externals in the same way, but you're getting kicked from the internal because of using the external ip address, right? ( i hope i got it right )

have you tried setting your IP address in the favorite hubs settings for your internal hub?

could you please post here if this was it or if it wasn't? as i'm wanting sg like the same, but don't have any hubsofts in the local network currently, as .... my pc is dying without that either ;)

put the 10.200.x.x ip in apexes conn settings

Then hub kicks me with message:

Your reported IP: 10.200.x.x does not match your real IP: 195.252.x.x

when I try to join.

so you want to use this client for both your internal hub on your network, and the externals in the same way, but you're getting kicked from the internal because of using the external ip address, right? ( i hope i got it right )

My network has its own hub and if you want to enter it you need to have IP 10.200.x.x. Now, when I connect to internet (by default I can only access my providers site and this hub), hub ignores my internal IP and kicks me because my IP isn't 10.200.x.x (my external IP is 195.252.x.x). I hope you understand it now.

have you tried setting your IP address in the favorite hubs settings for your internal hub?

Yeah, but I still get kicked...

Your reported IP: 10.200.x.x does not match your real IP: 195.252.x.x

Also, if I connect to hub before I connect to internet i get kicked with message

*** An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

when I connect to internet...

the hub you seem to be connecting seems to be ynhub (not 100% sure) you can get a userlevel that does not check the ip sent so you wont be kicked but searching might not work...

the hub you seem to be connecting seems to be ynhub (not 100% sure) you can get a userlevel that does not check the ip sent so you wont be kicked but searching might not work...

As Aztek said this is gonna be the best way to do it. You cant set the client up to download on the LAN side and WAN at the same time. It's only gonna happen if you use 2 clients. But if you do Azteks suggestion above given you are using Ynhub then you will be able to do it without such issue.

Note: Forgive me if I am going down the wrong path..the question is not the easiest to understand ;)

Nah, it's VerliHub 0.9.8d_RC1.

And, Mikey, I'm only using ApexDC++ to download from other users in VPN Network, I don't use other hubs... if that's what you were talking about...

Sorry about not explaining this clearly, I'm still new in VPN and DC++ concept and english is not my first language...

Nah, it's VerliHub 0.9.8d_RC1.

And, Mikey, I'm only using ApexDC++ to download from other users in VPN Network, I don't use other hubs... if that's what you were talking about...

Sorry about not explaining this clearly, I'm still new in VPN and DC++ concept and english is not my first language...

If all the file sharing and transfer is being done behind a router on a LAN then I believe you should use your internal I.P address or correct me if I am wrong guys but wouldnt this be where the bind address comes into play?? More help is needed as I am not all that experienced in VPN networking.

well ... while i lived in one of these univ campuses, there was some similar vpn system also ... you can start to laugh, as we had a limitation of internet traffic ... we could only download 1 gb and upload 200 mb a day from&to the outside world, so got banned quite fast :)

so, what happens if you set your internal ip address in apex' main connection settings ( so basically it'll use your internal ip address ) .... like i've set it at home to 192.168.1.128 .... if i'm right it will have to work this way .... and then set your external ip address to all the outside hubs in favorite hubs list (so they'll get the proper ip) ... maybe better if you set a dyndns or sg, but as i bet it's a campus or sg with static ip, you won't need such.

don'tknow if it's clear how i've written it down ... if not, i can take some screenshots for you to see what i'm trying to tell, but it'll take some time, as i'm living in the stone age, and life is much slower over here ;)

Kole, do you use a VPN client for setting up your internet connection? I've never used it, but as far as I heard from users in our campus network, there are VPN clients available that can define for each application which network connection to use. So with such a VPN client you could tell Apex to always use the 10.200. network. I'm not sure if it was the Cisco VPN client or OpenVPN that had this feature, and neither I know how stable it really is.

I hope this helps somehow. :D

--CB

Thank your guys for the quick and informative help. Kole I hope what is posted here has been a help for you and I hope you get your issue resolved.

If not late, this somehow resembles my network setup, hub in my LAN, behind the router. Forgive if I am wrong. My settings:

DC hub PC: 10.10.10.1

DC client PC: 10.10.10.3

Conn. Settings: FW w/ manual PF, entered external IP, bind address 0.0.0.0

Fav. Hub settings for the respective hub: Address: 10.10.10.1:412 (it is on 412 port), and "default" as Connection.

I do not see the VPN influence here... True, another interface, but that's why 0.0.0.0 should work ok.

At the end I talked to hub owners and they disabled so it no longer checks IP, until then none of suggestion worked but thanks anyway everyone :P