Aztek

ApexDC changes

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

Could someone tell me where i can find the following things in the apexdc source code...

1. The public hublists configuration (initial configuration always has a few hublists) because i want to add one and set it default.

2. I would like to add a hub to the initial favorites of the client (replacing TGO)

3. I would like to add a [Kjarni] to the Description (user can always remove that from the general tab

That's all the changes i want to make, if someone could point me to a file and line in code where those are i would be very thankful ;)

I am not attempting to make a cheat client, only a client more friendly to Icelandic noobs :)

Why don`t you make the changes you need in the program,save it and the distribute as a ZIP file! There is no need for the install .exe file.

Or just the needed .xml files with a manual how to overwrite the default ones?

but then, does the initial configuration pop up ?

also, having it compiled in is more "pro" ;)

Edited by Aztek

or maybe giving an "extra package" to your users like a zip file containig the settings and hubs' xml files, and a .bat file to let them overwrite the present ones after installing .... damn, i'm stuck in stoneage

that would also be a problem for nooby users ;)

if it is compiled into the pakage and even a language file selected it might be more simple..

can someone help me with this ?

but then, does the initial configuration pop up ?

also, having it compiled in is more "pro" :)

No NOT the initilal,but the changed one.

So you will have one ZIP file with all the settings you want.Make a self-extracting ZIP file ;) and yourre done!

Don't replace TGO! :)

icelandic users usually have no idea what to do when tgo opens, so why not an "icelandic" enviroment

No NOT the initilal,but the changed one.

So you will have one ZIP file with all the settings you want.Make a self-extracting ZIP file ;) and yourre done!

i'll try that thanks

but i would still like to be able to compile this stuff into the package

And TGO is unfortunately full (inaccessible) sometimes. Maybe distribution by countries is not so bad, also we willnot depend on a single home connection, but on many. I am thinking of some franchising scheme, just like McDonalds, so hubs will be equal. ;)

Thats kind of a good idea...but I don't think it would happen. But if it did I would be willing to take some of TGO load as my network supports the client in anyway possible.

Edited by Mikey

Here is an idea..obviously no one here knows so why not send Crise a private message and see if he will tell you...No need getting worked up..I can review the source when I have time but right now I have development of my own to deal with..So pm Crise he doesn't bite. If he wants to show you then thats on him.

Actually Crise should have read this already and should has... barked or bit in PM, if appropriate. :blink: