Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lordy

No Smilies since Beta 4

19 posts in this topic

Hi @ALL,

Since Beta 4 i've no Smilies with XP with NO PATCHES after SP2. Within Patches after SP2 no problems. Because changing GUI ?

So i mean one or more KBxxxxx Patches is missing.

Now i want not install all Patches available when i need only one or little more.

Have everybody ideas which Patches, Updates or KBxxxx's i need to show Smilies ?

Thanks for ideas or help !

You must activated your smilies by right clicking on the emoticon guy. :)

sorry, but when i write "in SP2 within Patches no problems" might be that i have activate Emotions, or ? :)

Yes, it might be, but might it be that Lee is guessing that the installer has changed your selection.

On the problem: Have you checked whether the packs are intact in the Settings directory?

By default it doesnt enable any emoticon packs... reduces hard drive usage. :)

I am not sure, does it download the packs automatically? I guess not. Maybe reduces memory usage. But anyway, no need to overwrite user preference for it.

ok, ok, Guys.

Obvious i've installed any Emotion-Packs AND activated TOO, otherwise i CAN'T tell it runs under SP2 within later Patches, isn't it true ? :)

So, i've testet with differ Packs, too !

No reason for the differ Packs !

... I'm NOT a DAU to using DC-Clients. Belief it, please ! :)

DAU = in german "Dümmster anzunehmender User" ; english : "most stupid user imaginable"

Well the fact that it works after you have patched SP2 would point to the ApDC being reliant on one of SP2's patchs.

LOL, I find dling them all is always good!!

Besides most of them provide security updates and such. Which is worthwhile.

This optical problem to show emotions does not to do with any security-patches.

In Beta 4 changes egally "Windows SP2 SDK" to can compile.

Ok, so its needs now any actualisation in XP to show emotions, i mean.

..... but which ? :)

Oh well, I am on auto-updates, I am getting all regularly, I am fine with emos. Can't you do likewise? :P

well to you ...... :P

but i'm not supporter and/or tester here, and it seems to me i'm testing extremely more compiling, running client, systems and so on ........

:blink:

Well I do have compiled it too (somehow :blink:). The fact that I am tester does not mean that my client should be broken. And right now all we have one and the same B4. :P

Ok, fact is also B4 needs anything after SP2 and not all users used or update absolutly all silly stuffs from Microsoft.

In Windows 2k3 is the "effect" too !

Hi all

I also have this problem with the smileys.

But the one that has this problem too, please check if in your Rightclicks on userlist for example , if you have the first line, cause I do not have it.

The problem started when I began using the Beta5 downloaded from the Download section of the Apex site. Before I used the previous beta release we got as subscribers and always only updated them with the latest BIN files and not hte installer.

Perhaps this helps to find the way to solve or recreate this issue.

KR

baba.runner

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0