keeekeeess

[BUG][0.4.0-1.0.0] There is not enough space on disk

21 posts in this topic

Recently i tried to download a 4.18gb iso image. When it got to 95,52% it stopped and started showing the 'not enough disk space'. I had 7gb free at that time, so i deleted some files and freed ~3gb. It downloaded for a few minutes then at 95,64% stopped again. What's the problem ? I got double, almost triple the space needed for the file. I can't download from a single user either, it's like aphex doesn't read the HDD coreectly. I moved the file to another partition which had 10gb free aswell and i got the same error. I deleted the file from the quew and started to download it again from scrach, but same error at 95,64 again! It's like it doens't want to get pass this percentage. ;)

The dcmp file has 4.29 gb. if that is any help. It doesn't seem to download over 4gb. It stops at exactly 4gb.

Later edit : now i have 11gb of free space and I still get the error. I'm not downloading anything except this file.

Recently i tried to download a 4.18gb iso image. When it got to 95,52% it stopped and started showing the 'not enough disk space'. I had 7gb free at that time, so i deleted some files and freed ~3gb. It downloaded for a few minutes then at 95,64% stopped again. What's the problem ? I got double, almost triple the space needed for the file. I can't download from a single user either, it's like aphex doesn't read the HDD coreectly. I moved the file to another partition which had 10gb free aswell and i got the same error. I deleted the file from the quew and started to download it again from scrach, but same error at 95,64 again! It's like it doens't want to get pass this percentage. ;)

The dcmp file has 4.29 gb. if that is any help. It doesn't seem to download over 4gb. It stops at exactly 4gb.

Later edit : now i have 11gb of free space and I still get the error. I'm not downloading anything except this file.

Hi, have you ever heard something about FAT32 and NTFS? That is how your HDDs are formatted if they are FAT32 then it is quit normal that you could not get a file bigger then 4GB. in NTFS, there is no limit to 4GB for one file, the limit is (I think) 16TB for one file.

KR

baba.runner

It's almost certainly the FAT32 filesystem limitation which is causing this. Any widely used partition manager should be able to convert your filesystem, such as Partition Magic (which isn't compatible with Vista by the way).

NOTE: Converting filesystem can (but probably won't) cause problems, such as loss of data.

I never knew FAT32 has these restrictions. Can't i 'trick' the HDD intro allowing me to download more than 4gb without converting it to NTFS ? Thx for the help ;)

Can't i 'trick' the HDD intro allowing me to download more than 4gb without converting it to NTFS ?

As far as i no this is not possible a cluster can only address (2^32 -1) bytes you would therfore ned to overflow your cluster and right your own filesystem address entry.

I converted a partition to NTFS. I moved the file from the quewe to that partition. Same error. So I copied the whole AphexDC++ directory (including the unfinished download) to the NTFS partition, but it still says I don't have enough free space. Can there be a limit for a file that I set in Aphex without me knowing about it ?

There is no setting to limit this in Apex. Can't think why this would happen just yet

You have to format the drive NTFS I don´t think convert is good enough

I formatted the drive in windows XP using NTFS. It still has the 'not enough space error'. Now i'm copying the aphexDC++ directory on the newly formated drive. If this doesn't work then it's not the FAT32 fault. Are you sure it's because of the FAT32 you can't copy files larger than 4gb ?

Nope...still doesn't work. So either is a problem with AphexDC++ or my computer hates me.

I formatted the drive in windows XP using NTFS. It still has the 'not enough space error'. Now i'm copying the aphexDC++ directory on the newly formated drive. If this doesn't work then it's not the FAT32 fault. Are you sure it's because of the FAT32 you can't copy files larger than 4gb ?

Nope...still doesn't work. So either is a problem with AphexDC++ or my computer hates me.

Is your temp directory still on a FAT32 partition?

Do not forget to change the settings for your temp-folder and your download folder in the Apex settings :blushing:

just a note

For example, typing convert D: /fs:ntfs would format drive D: with the ntfs format.

"convert" cmd doesn't format anything. It just converts the drive without data loss.

The one thing i've thought of here is the way the dl was started on a fat32 partition?

You not just dl it all again on an NTFS drive?

4GB of data can take a long time to redownload from some users, but there's not reason you shouldn't be able to move the file and update it in the download queue file.

convert is built into every windows ive used...

C:\Users\Gunni>convert /?

Converts a FAT volume to NTFS.

CONVERT volume /FS:NTFS [/V] [/CvtArea:filename] [/NoSecurity] [/X]

volume Specifies the drive letter (followed by a colon),

mount point, or volume name.

/FS:NTFS Specifies that the volume will be converted to NTFS.

/V Specifies that Convert will be run in verbose mode.

/CvtArea:filename

Specifies a contiguous file in the root directory

that will be the place holder for NTFS system files.

/NoSecurity Specifies that the security settings on the converted

files and directories allow access by all users.

/X Forces the volume to dismount first if necessary.

All open handles to the volume will not be valid.

oh and there is no loss of data on the drive as long as the drive does not contain errors

converting is the same as a format, just does not wipe the data away, thus takes longer :(

you can (and i reccomend) converting all hard drives to ntfs, including the system drive itself ;)

Edited by Aztek

Be careful making alterations to the system drive in that way.

Windows esp, not so much Linux, can be very fussy!

and windows' convert program won't change file allocation size. So it can have different performance than normal NTFS format.

If you have a properly formatted NTFS disk then you sould move youre temp and inbox folder to that drive and change it in ApexDC accordenly and then you can dl that file.