ApexDC++ - DC

Zion++Blue - DC

Your Uninstaller! - Uninstaller

Media Player - Media Player

MSN messenger - messenger

MS Office 2003 - Office

cFosSpeed - Internet optimizer

What´s yours :P

I can go on with some great programs like..

Window Washer

CuteFTP

Help&Manual

Radmin

UltraVNC

DVDFab

Spyware Doctor

Ad-Aware

Easy CD-DA Extractor

:P

Edited by RadoX

Firewall: Windows Firewall

Antivirus: Avast Antivirus

DC: StrongDC++

Movies: Media Player Classic

Music: WinAMP

Archive: 7zip

FileManager: Total Commander

Img Viewer: Irfanview

Browser: Opera

Messenger: BigMuscle's MirandaPack

Searching for some very good CD/DVD burning app for free

ImgBurn is the successor to DVD Decrypter, you should try it.

Youre probably using XP, i used much of same software on XP too, now on vista i only use:

Kaspersky Internet Security - Security

Maxthon - Browser - ROFL! switch to Opera of Firefox

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack - Codecs

WinRAR - Archiver

Unlocker - System tool - Not needed anymore

NotePad++ - Text viewer - Windows notepad is suficient

Photoshop - Graphic tool

SnagIt - Image capture - There is an integrated one in vista and there are sidebar gadgets for this

Ashampoo Burning Studio - Burning - LOL! Nero pwns this.

Incredimail - e-mail - Outlook 2007 pwns this by far

vlc - Media Player - Good choice, although i use MP classic

TuneUp Utilities - System tool - Obsolete

uTorrent - Torrent

ApexDC++ - DC

Your Uninstaller! - Uninstaller - Not needed

MSN messenger - messenger

MS Office 2003 - Office - Switch to 2007

cFosSpeed - Internet optimizer - Not needed

only thing id add would be DeamonTOOLS

I am on XP and I do need this programs.

Maxthon - Have you tried it

Unlocker - Needed

NotePad++ - Notepad is not suficient at all for me.

SnagIt - I´m not on Vista

Ashampoo Burning Studio - Nero is bloted with stuff you don´t need, this is a good burning software

Incredimail - I don´t like Outlook and this program has a nice interface and some good features

TuneUp Utilities - wtf are you talking about, maybe on Vista

Your Uninstaller! - Uninstalles better than any other

ImgBurn is the successor to DVD Decrypter, you should try it.

I use ImgBurn for ISO burning, because it's the only free application which supports UDF file system. For normal files burning, I use plugin for Total commander (but it doesn't support UDF). And neither one of them supports CD/DVD copying :P

//note, offtopic, just for teasing you: while you are looking for a good free burner, my linux distro comes with such (k3b). so does with browser(s), great text editors, office, photoshop alternative, email client, etc, etc, and it's all for free :P //second note: lets don't go offtopic again and turn this into a linux vs windows thread

Big Muscle and RadoX: Just use Nero Micro 7, it's basically just the burning rom and nothing else. I know it's not free Big Muscle. :P

Maxthon - Have you tried it - yes its ****, if you prefer IE, then IE7 is probably better. has tabs and such if your happy with that.

Unlocker - Needed

NotePad++ - Notepad is not suficient at all for me.

SnagIt - I´m not on Vista

Ashampoo Burning Studio - Nero is bloted with stuff you don´t need, this is a good burning software - install only Nero Express

Incredimail - I don´t like Outlook and this program has a nice interface and some good features - you obviously havent tried Outlook 2007

TuneUp Utilities - wtf are you talking about, maybe on Vista - such apps are POS in general. and totaly obsolete on Vista

Your Uninstaller! - Uninstalles better than any other - again, why do you need anything at all beside the build in windows uninstaller?

And just a side note. Have you tried switching to vista? it doesnet have all those annoing things XP is stuck with, including scrambled user permissions for which you need unlocker to deal with. and lots of other stuff.

seems like we all use the same stuff :P

kaspersky internet security

cfos speed

microsoft excel

lotus notes

msn

notepad

pidgin

winamp

total commander

avant browser

apexdc

gmail notifier

photoshop

pinnacle studio (10 so far)

nero

winrar

mplaye

vlc

vnc

acdsee

some canon applications

hope it's not over 20 :P

<<removed>> ... but those would take more than my salary in 2 month :P ... so decided not to buy, but to try :P

If you install a shareware or trial version and you crack it afterwards, the install of the program was legal. :P

I don't have any illegal software, and all mentioned programs which could be linked to downloading copyrighted material is actually used by me to distribute and download legal material such as Linux distributions. Sharing copyrighted material is against the law in my country, so I never do it.

Directory Opus - Easily the best filemanager [and more] ever. (This program is keeping me on Windows.)

Opera - Great internet browser.

foobar2000 - The most powerful and customizable music player ever. (This program is also keeping me on Windows.)

VLC - Excellent media player for incomplete/corrupted videos and no need to download lots of codecs.

Media Player Classic - Fairly lean media player with a decent user interface (superior to VLC in my opinion).

Windows Live Messenger - A-Patch and Messenger Plus! Live should be used with this as well. Widely used instant messaging program. (I know there are alternatives, but WLM supports mor features on this protocol, and if I were to switch it'd be to Mercury Messenger.)

ClipMate - Clipboard managers are very useful, and should be used by more people.

SpeedFan - Allows me to lower fan speeds so I can get to sleep easier.

XChat - Very good IRC client.

ApexDC++ - DC client with plenty of features.

µtorrent - Fully featured lean torrent client with built in tetris.

EvilLyrics - Nice to know what is being said in the songs I listen to.

AutoHotKey - Macro and automation software, very useful.

Power Pro - Useful system utility, a lot of overlap (feature-wise) with AutoHotKey.

cFosSpeed - Traffic shaping, useful.

Adobe Photoshop

WinRAR

Nero

Foxit Reader

QuickPar

SABnzbd

ObjectDock Plus

Listed too many (23?) but oh well. Not in order of most used, for an inaccurate list of that take a look at this link, some stuff there I've never even used, such as Diablo 2. :S It also only records whatever is in the foreground, really things like foobar are the most used.

EvilLyrics - Nice to know what is being said in the songs I listen to.

I agree there, and the best plugin I have ever found is lyricsplugin for my Media player http://www.lyricsplugin.com/

but it´s not avalable for foobar only wmp and winamp. Lyrics are shown automaticly with each song, very good :P

I use FoxitReader too, quicker than adobe

I agree there, and the best plugin I have ever found is lyricsplugin for my Media player http://www.lyricsplugin.com/

but it´s not avalable for foobar only wmp and winamp. Lyrics are shown automaticly with each song, very good :P

I use FoxitReader too, quicker than adobe

What makes it better than EvilLyrics? I can't see that it's lacking anything, it gets and show slyrics automatically for each song too.

Secondly, why do you need to know the lyric's anyway?

Why do I need to listen to music? I don't, I just like to.

Fair point....I just, personally, dont care what they're singing.... :D

I once found out that a Metal band I was listening to was singing some really rather racist lyrics. I sure the lyrics in EvilLyrics, looked them up on the net and realised I really didn't want to be listening to it. Most of the time though I agree, doesn't matterwhat is being sung, just when I'm not sure what's said I like to find out.

i donno what is my top 20 used programs

i have few programs and i use them all :D

maybe they are

mozilla firefox

apex dc++

winamp

photoshop

yahoo messenger

msn messenger

total commander

microsoft word

daemon tools

nero

uTorrent

Samsung PC Studio

No-IP DUC

YnHub

What makes it better than EvilLyrics? I can't see that it's lacking anything, it gets and show slyrics automatically for each song too.

Sorry I didn´t try EvilLyrics or I did in old version that only worked if you searched youre self.

Secondly, why do you need to know the lyric's anyway?

It´s way better to know what thay are singing about and english is not my defult language so It´s better to see the lyrics and read them while singer sings.

In Death Metal it´s nessisary if you wan´t to know what thay are singing about hehe

Learn the lyrics and sing along, great if you listen to rock.

But if you only listen to pop or techno then you don´t need it.

Lyrics is what make a good song great. :D

Sorry I didn´t try EvilLyrics or I did in old version that only worked if you searched youre self.

Oh, sometimes if you don't install it right (for foobar at least) it doesn't detect which song is playing. Either way, the programs doing a pretty simple job, so whatever works for you is good. :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0