locoguru

Tab Colors

27 posts in this topic

Okay... here's the situation: I op/admin/own several hubs (as many others do, so I'm not alone here B) ) and it would make my life SO much easier if there were color coded tabs matching the op chats and reg requests with the hub they are made in. (ie: if LMM had a green tab for the mainchat and a matching tab for the opchat... I could easily find and answer new reg requests.)

I only bring this up, because I find I am not alone in having this problem, AND I know if anyone is likely to come up with a solution to this problem, it will be the peeps at Apex :)

Thank you for listening :)

Locoguru

I think this would be a great idea. Maybe a separate manager under the appearances to where we could make them the color we want and possibly develop that into the theme settings for Apex. It would make tabbing a bit easier and would give a bit more customizing to the client.

Same problem has been here. This would be a nice feature. B) Yeah, maybe in appearances the reg/vip/op chat and a manual possibility to choose the color (overrides the appearances) for the hub tab page at the favorite hubs.

i like this idea a lot, although i think this belongs in feature suggestions... B)

how about i change the tabbing system completely crise? i have it all coded up and ready.... what do you say? ;-)

I am liking the turn out on this subject. Me and Loco and some others from my network in DC were discussing this so we thought we would bring it to the table to see if its possible. If anyone has more ideas to this lets hear them after all its everyones client.

Agreed, will be a decent one. However as for some OPS number of colors will not be enough, it could be made also + option to "add label to tab". Just a new column in Fav Hubs is needed. And I believe there is some way to label the chat tabs...

how about i change the tabbing system completely crise? i have it all coded up and ready.... what do you say? ;-)

I would be very happy :)

The tab control DC++ uses is not that nice anyways, so "refreshment" would be nice.

no problem i believe i showed some screenshots of it before to you .... interchangeable skinning and full on color control (i have to make it more user friendly the settings are all done via html color lol)

no problem i believe i showed some screenshots of it before to you .... interchangeable skinning and full on color control (i have to make it more user friendly the settings are all done via html color lol)

Thanx Once again iceman for all the help.. ur great.. Keep it up!!!.. (later u can help me convert apex to linux. ) lol.. (no folks I am not that good yet.. by any means. linux has given me fits upon fits. but I am determined to win..!

welll i can give code as for screenshots can't because i don't have my pc with me on my "mini' vacation from home

welll i can give code as for screenshots can't because i don't have my pc with me on my "mini' vacation from home

Alright, sounds good. This should be a useful feature. I guess since it seems to already done and we're seeing about adding it this is more client discussion than a feature request now. :P

I would love to see this feature.

But I would like the option as to how it displays.

To have a colour for hub's I op in, a diff one for hub's I reg in and another one for hub's i'm just in would be fantastic.

I would love to see this feature.

But I would like the option as to how it displays.

To have a colour for hub's I op in, a diff one for hub's I reg in and another one for hub's i'm just in would be fantastic.

Indeed, if you can set the colour individually for each hub in your favorites it would be possible, although it could probably be done automatically if it was implemented in such a way. Having the tab change (shade maybe) colour when a window changes would also be good, lead to tabs changing in size less and taking up more room due to bold text.

hey, now that would be a nice enhancement.

I would love to get rid of the 'old' tabs and get something else. I have grown very fond of the way fulDC/AirDC/IceDC does tabs and would be really happy to see something like that but with more configuration possibilities and more 'bling bling' :stuart:

oh, and if possible - can you make the client stop flashing like the sea in a storm when any of the hubs update topic, cos the way it is now, eww

/d

It doesn't flash, but it highlights the name of the hub from black to bold. Which is a good feature if you ask me....

Wow! I am glad to see the response this has gotten as it tells me I am not alone in having a screen full of tab :) And it's NOT because I'm a leech... lol

Anyway, I want very much to thank everyone for their input here and I think a user control panel would probably be the best answer, since some folks op in more hubs than I do, so the amount of colors needed would be greater.

Personally, I stick with solid basic colors for the tabs, but that's just me and not very practical if you need to have 32 different colors.

And as for the tab changes when someone speaks... I'm used to the tab bolding... not sure if I want anything to flash at me, I might get alarmed.. lol

oh.. one more thing: Apex isn't the only thing that rocks around here... the Apex users do too!! :)

Thank you all from:

Loco, Locoguru ... whichever one you know me by :)