Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 1.0.0 Beta 4

46 posts in this topic

A new beta version is available for download, fixing issues found in previous versions and merging to StrongDC++ 2.05. There are also new improvements that should decrease memory usage and other general optimisations. Beta 4 should allow us to set our sights on a final stable release. You can view the full changelog for details and our how to upgrade guide.

Users are encouraged to try out this beta, but please revert back to 0.4.0 if you encounter any problems.

thanks guys, one thing for you, it opens quicker this time around by far ;)

Yeah, congrats.

Some decent well needed fixes and improvements in this. Seems good enough to me to be worthy of becoming the final. B)

wow that was fast

good job

Edited by Aztek

We couldn`t even find time to complain regulary about the beta 3 :)

Well done guys!! B)

just checked it ... running smoothly on my home computer B)

still okay :) .... will check it tonight

Beta 3 users are now forced to upgrade to the latest beta once they start their client. This is to ensure people are on the latest unstable beta version reporting feedback and not damaging the network with erroneous builds.

Thanks.

you should really improve the hash timing ... there are some bugs with jacek's aka arne's tth'ing ... happy hunting ;-)

Looking good guys. 18 hour uptime not one bug to report. There are a few feature request running on the board right now I would like to see implemented. Check them out when you guys got time and see if these are possible features we could do.

still running and no crashes or bugs :) :)

"Keep It Real" (Ali G.) lol

i have been running it smoothly, but i noticed one thing with apexdc b4

http://kjarni.cc/m/uploads/1186643766.png

and also, i am not sure what happened but i was doing LOADS of stuff at once, then suddenly my computer freezez, has some kind of a GUI meltdown and i have to restart to get her working again, apexdc was one of the applications open but i am not sure...

im using vista home p x32 :)

You answered your own question:

im using vista home p x32 :D

That pic looks ok to me, am I missing something?

Excellent job, well done to all concerned. Not a single crash since upgrading from B3.

Superb :D

You answered your own question:

That pic looks ok to me, am I missing something?

notice those & signs in front of some of the pics :)

Returning from my vacation, I find a new ApexDC Beta. How much cooler could it get?

So... initial results:

- reconnect problem indeed seems to be solved.

- CPU usage problems that I reported with B3 are somewhat gone; it still uses a heck of a lot of CPU, but, considering my download queue, it's already in the "normal" area.

- Apex loads a hell lot faster

- some connection problems are gone (I presume it's because of memory optimization, or that my ISP solved some of their problems... but since the latter is virtually a paradox, I'll stick with the former option)

...no crash yet.

You guys did anything related to hashing? I haven't checked that out yet.

You guys did anything related to hashing? I haven't checked that out yet.

I don't believe there's a lot of room for improvement there, unfortunately.

I don't believe there's a lot of room for improvement there, unfortunately.

There is, but nothing was done in Beta 4 (take a look at the changelog Rigor).

There is, but nothing was done in Beta 4 (take a look at the changelog Rigor).

Such as? Please elaborate?

OK, really silly problem. If someone has encountered it before, please tell me in private. A sollution would be much appreciated.

On one of the hubs that I'm in, it seems that the hub is ignoring me. Nothing I type gets echoed, no command works, the hub context menu loads, but is useless, etc. This only happens with ApexDC beta4. I've talked to the hub administrator, no gags/mutes for me (or for anyone else, for that matter). He restarted the hub, I restarted just about everything I could restart, and the result is the same.

The hub software is VerliHub 0.9.8d_RC1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Since I can talk in another hub that's the same software and version, and in any other hub, I presume it's the hub configuration that prevents me. I should also say that private messages work just fine.

Now coming back to the ApexDC... "suppress mainchat" option without restarting/reconnecting suppresses mainchat, but only in some hubs. With the suppress mainchat option, I've been able to talk and be talked to in 2 hubs. The others were silent. Note again: nothing restarted/reconnected... just enable option and see how it behaves.