Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irish

download later

16 posts in this topic

Hi and low priority donesn`t souit your needs?

I don`t see the point in DL later :wub: ,maybe it`s just me.

Hi and low priority donesn`t souit your needs?

I don`t see the point in DL later ;) ,maybe it`s just me.

no, it's not just you ... low prio should be enough

Hi.

Actually maybe it's me.

I was thinking of situations where a HD is starting to fill up.

But I never thought of using low priority.

Although saying that, I'm not sure what it actually does.

M

You can classify your download queues. You right click on one of the files i DL QUEUE and set priority.

use paused priority and change it when you free some space ;)

Maybe another option in XP+ is set Quota on HDD, Apex will regularly "knock", and start download only if enuf free space is available.

Maybe another option in XP+ is set Quota on HDD, Apex will regularly "knock", and start download only if enuf free space is available.

I prefer this idea. Personally I'd use neither and I always let my disks run very low on space. Is there much demand for this? (It definitely won't be added soon if at all due to us concentrating on a version 1 final release.)

You can classify your download queues. You right click on one of the files i DL QUEUE and set priority.

Okay, but how does that work in practise.

If i have a folder set for low priority download, does it wait until everything else is downloaded?

If i add more stuff to download normally, will it wait until they are downloaded.

Thank you for the responses.

M

Okay, but how does that work in practise.

If i have a folder set for low priority download, does it wait until everything else is downloaded?

If i add more stuff to download normally, will it wait until they are downloaded.

Thank you for the responses.

M

If something is higher priority than another file then Apex will attempt to download that file first. Useful when downloading multiple things from the same person or whatever. Doesn't stop other file from being download, but if a user has two files you want, Apex will download whichever has a higher priority.

I also like this idea. A lot of programs use this now and would be very useful.. Perhaps a topic split (even though I know it won't be added till after version 1).

If something is higher priority than another file then Apex will attempt to download that file first. Useful when downloading multiple things from the same person or whatever. Doesn't stop other file from being download, but if a user has two files you want, Apex will download whichever has a higher priority.

Ok, Thanks. I'm not sure if i still wouldn't prefer a download later option.

Anyway I asked, and ye won't get an answer unless you ask B)

M

Sorry if I was not clear enuf, why splitting the topic? I meant the in-built Quota management of Windows XP.

Seems like a good idea to check for enough disk space for download....

prayed to you today. did you get it ?:)

M

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0