Yeti

2 nice features from Zion

34 posts in this topic

10 minutes is a good interval Crise. "Disconnect users who leave hub" will be on by default, and if a user disconnects from the hub, and returns before 10 minutes they are granted a slot. Therefore, if a user is cut off due to an IP change, it would be wise to keep it at 10 minutes so they can get back in and receive the slot.

it should be under 10mins in this case ;)

DynDns Updater is set to check every 5 minutes I believe.

This works pretty well. Unless the feature here uses too much resources in some way, I guess the same interval would be good.

I'd actually just recommend getting a dynamic dns service, and a router that automatically updates your IP. Anytime my IP gets changed, my dyndns address changes immediately/automatically.

I'd actually just recommend getting a dynamic dns service, and a router that automatically updates your IP. Anytime my IP gets changed, my dyndns address changes immediately/automatically.

true, that's why satans guide is there....

10 minutes is a good interval Crise. "Disconnect users who leave hub" will be on by default, and if a user disconnects from the hub, and returns before 10 minutes they are granted a slot. Therefore, if a user is cut off due to an IP change, it would be wise to keep it at 10 minutes so they can get back in and receive the slot.

Now THAT would be a VERY VERY nice idea... good thinking... it would also apply to accidental disconnects from your ISP (which I, for instance, have a lot).

Since we're speaking of Zion++, I'd also like to request a little feature...

I've seen how PeerWeb DC++ works when using usercommands, and how Zion++ uses them. The difference is that PeerWeb DC++ takes a whole lot more time to execute them... for instance, if you use a usercommand to send private messages to other users, it's almost as if PeerWeb DC++ was waiting for an echo from them... the more users you applied the usercommand for, the more time PeerWeb DC++ was remaining in a "Not responding" state. I suggest you attempt to correct that, it's really difficult for an OP to use his/her usercommands this way. 100 users means 2 minutes of waiting on a 256k connection.

Next, about the connection page... I do hope it's not difficult to make another container saying "Advanced connection settings" inside that "Incomming connections (see help/faq if unsure)" where to place all those "extra" features.

An auto-update IP every x minutes, where x is selectable by the user, and by default 60 minutes, would really come in handy sometimes.

Another feature that I'd like added would be the ability to scan all tags for fake clients / limiting / etc. every X minutes... that would, I believe, make ApexDC++ one of the strongest clients available.

Yes, this is possible for some people. Not for those without a router though.

This is why having an Auto Update IP every X minutes feature included in the client would save people a lot of headache.

Yes, this is possible for some people. Not for those without a router though.

This is why having an Auto Update IP every X minutes feature included in the client would save people a lot of headache.

dyndns works without router, you just have to dl their "DUC" program

dyndns works without router, you just have to dl their "DUC" program

True, and that's what I am using now.

But explaining to a new user how to setup his DC++ client can be difficult some time, so when after I have to explain everything about DynDNS I run out of patience...

... it would also apply to accidental disconnects from your ISP (which I, for instance, have a lot).

That is already in DC++, And it will not disconnect users if you leave the hub.