Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inkorp

Inkorp's Proposal

16 posts in this topic

Lately I've noticed a few flaws on the vector side of the current logo, it's not apparent at small sizes but at larger sizes the jump from the round bottom to the sharp apex at the top is quite jarring.

Here I've started off with a bigger shape etc and eliminated most of that problem, it's still not 100% up to my standard as it was a quick knock up but if you guys like it I can make a perfectly shaped/aligned one and hand it over to you guys to use what you see below or any modification thereof including font/effects etc. (bearing in mind it will be in Fireworks PNG format ;) )

Pardon the ****ty jpeg render, I can't be bothered uploading another :P

proposal.jpg

I've seen much better from you, but I guess that's due to the quick time spent on it. I'd like to see some more if that's not a problem, I know you can produce decent stuff. I prefer the bottom image because it's lighter, and has a sharper border bringing out the shape.

Having had to edit the logo and work with it a bit in the past I have to agree. At the moment, the logo doesn't neatly go from the rounded circle into the point. Not sure if this was in the initial design, but a member of the forums changed it a bit and that may be why it is like this. The person who changed it created a vector image (in a rather obscure format I think), if any new versions of the logo were vector images, then it would be very helpful.

@ Lee: Yeah it was about 15mins in total so it was still a rough job, the only difference between the two versions is the 2 added reflections on the bottom one, it may look more different as I added the darker bits randomly to show how it may look on a different background.

@ Greg: It may have unwittingly been in the initial design as it was made at a small size so to spot it may've been a mission, plus when I handed the png over to KP I think it may've been exported to a shape in a psd file (or I may have done it, my memory evades me)

I'd still like to hear some more opinions and suggestions from all concerned regarding what they'd like to see happen, whether it's just to fix the original vector or go with a whole new re-do with any extra effects etc. Any comments on the font? I think the current logo's font is a little bit boring and unimaginative.

Best thing to do is give us a load of fonts with ApexDC++ - The Pinnacle of File-sharing on and we can decide. The logo doesn't deviate too much from the original image, i prefer the sharp change from the bottom curve to the straight triangle (obviously without the edges on it). It looks better than all curved.

Any comments on the font? I think the current logo's font is a little bit boring and unimaginative.

I prefer sans-serif fonts. :D

Well, sorry to say that, but never spotted anything wrong with the logo, and probably would never do, if this thread was not started. :D For me it is more important an option to disable the logo at startup, it is just in each self-respecting appy. :D

While your at it, design a header for forums. ;)

Me? Design? GFX design? Funny! Hope you mean smo else.

Me? Design? GFX design? Funny! Hope you mean smo else.

Inkorp, since it's his topic. ;)

Heh, feel free to create a forum banner Zlobomir. Sure you'd do fine, you avatar is even better than mine.

Heh, feel free to create a forum banner Zlobomir. Sure you'd do fine, you avatar is even better than mine.

Thats just someone melted ur face off. looks like a sci fi situation... would you constitute as a blind mute?

Erm, my avatar is a ready-taken. I just removed "HEAVY" from the top left. :)

Thats just someone melted ur face off. looks like a sci fi situation... would you constitute as a blind mute?

Heh, deaf too by the looks of it. Just the image which I scaled down and put in some usergroup icons, had no signature at the time. Time for an update really, just not sure what to.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0