Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
voidwalker

Best public stealth client ?

12 posts in this topic

What's the best DC stealth client you have ever used ? i'm not interested in fake sharing, just the ability to connect to many (hundreds) of hubs, very useful when i'm searching for something very rare

the best i found so far is dcstealthy <<removed>>

the downside of it is that the public client needs the forum user/pass to activate itself, and i have to constantly reigster on their forum since the account gets deleted if you don't post.

does anyone have any private clients to share with me ? (preferably dcstealthy); i could trade or something..

Hate theese clients, what would DC be if only stelthy clients were used. Stelthy is bad for DC comunity so stop using it!!

P.S plz delete this theat :(

I don't see why this subject needs to be discussed here, as for dcstealthy... those that have the private beta version probably won't trade it...

I don't see why this subject needs to be discussed here, as for dcstealthy... those that have the private beta version probably won't trade it...

why not ? it's the lounge, and it's dc related; i don't know if they will trade/share a private client, but i NEED it very much, and i feel entitled to having it

Hate theese clients, what would DC be if only stelthy clients were used. Stelthy is bad for DC comunity so stop using it!!

P.S plz delete this theat :(

yes, if only stealth clients were used then there would be nothing to download. i cannot just stop using it just because you say so, imho it is very helpful for people that look for rare files, i myself often search for rare books that i can't find anywhere else, since dc hubs are by far the greatest resource of files to be found on the internet

and i'm not a leecher, i have uploaded over 12tb on dc until now, and i barely use it to download anything, since i have lots of accounts on private torrent trackers, but for some non-mainstream stuff,there's no other place to find it except on some random person on some random dc hub

why not ? it's the lounge, and it's dc related; i don't know if they will trade/share a private client, but i NEED it very much, and i feel entitled to having it

because of my nick color for instance :(

and about you feeling entitled having something, doesn't mean you'll get it... not by just demanding it anyways. (lucky for others)

+1 for deleting thread linking to cheating client :/

unfortunately DC doesn't have global search mechanism, and just busting into hubs You don't stay in normally and makeing some searches doesn't make You (to say it lightly) a popular by hubowners person also.

What's the best DC stealth client you have ever used ? i'm not interested in fake sharing, just the ability to connect to many (hundreds) of hubs, very useful when i'm searching for something very rare

the best i found so far is dcstealthy (http://www.dcstealthy.com/)

the downside of it is that the public client needs the forum user/pass to activate itself, and i have to constantly reigster on their forum since the account gets deleted if you don't post.

does anyone have any private clients to share with me ? (preferably dcstealthy); i could trade or something..

You want to talk rare items to download? I'll give you a rare one, Sahara.... From 1995 with James Belushi. I've been searching for this movie for 5+ years, and I have yet to get a stealth client.. Just spread the word, ask people for help and you'll get it if it is available....

+1 for deleting thread linking to cheating client :/

unfortunately DC doesn't have global search mechanism, and just busting into hubs You don't stay in normally and makeing some searches doesn't make You (to say it lightly) a popular by hubowners person also.

i know that this kind of user is not one a hub owner would want, but people do that anyway, without using a leech client, just on a smaller scale

You want to talk rare items to download? I'll give you a rare one, Sahara.... From 1995 with James Belushi. I've been searching for this movie for 5+ years, and I have yet to get a stealth client.. Just spread the word, ask people for help and you'll get it if it is available....

why spread the word, waste time of other people when you can do it yourself, and not wait 5 years to find a sucky movie, lol

offtopic: i found the movie you're looking for on edonkey but i think it has russian dubbing

there's also a torrent but it's only 93% complete, you might want to jump on it and hope you get lucky in 2-3 weeks ;)

Yeah... OR someone who eventually gets the word has that movie in his/her shelf at home and rips it for me....

If you haven't noticed it yet... People on DC help eachother out, but I guess you're too busy popping in and out of hubs searching for your own stuff to notice... And torrents suck ass when it comes to older movies.... Too many leechers...

Find decent private hubs and join them. People who share a lot and are helpful on DC will find they're invited to some anyway. ApexDC++ is not a leecher client, leeching clients are damaging the network, and as such we're not going to give you helpful hints and links which will help you achieve this.

that must be one of the dumbest arguments i've ever read

Yeah... OR someone who eventually gets the word has that movie in his/her shelf at home and rips it for me....

yes that could happen, but if it didn't happen in 5 years, i doubt you will ever see it in this way

If you haven't noticed it yet... People on DC help eachother out, but I guess you're too busy popping in and out of hubs searching for your own stuff to notice...

that is only true for private hubs, or any private communities in general (hubs, trackers, forums etc), and those require registration, verification etc before you join

and with a leech client you wouldn't be able to join those hubs anyway, only public ones

and i doubt many hub owners care about a few "stealth" clients snooping and searching on their hubs, from what i've seen they only care about having as many users as possible

And torrents suck ass when it comes to older movies.... Too many leechers...

what do you mean they suck ass and too many leechers ? you want it or not ?

you cannot be that picky when you want something BAD

i assume you couldn't care less if you got that movie or not, else you would have got it long ago

ANYWAY, i don't want to turn this thread into an argument about how moral it is to use a stealth client, as i don't intend to cheat or anything, what i'm interested in is that the client must spoof the connected hub count and be gentle on the resources when joining a lot of hubs (it must have features like ignore search, chat supression etc)

and i doubt many hub owners care about a few "stealth" clients snooping and searching on their hubs, from what i've seen they only care about having as many users as possible

Unfortunatly that's not the attitude of the people here. On the official support hub, and the network which that is a part of, the number of users is not not issue.

what do you mean they suck ass and too many leechers ? you want it or not ?

you cannot be that picky when you want something BAD

i assume you couldn't care less if you got that movie or not, else you would have got it long ago

If he has the patience to wait 5 years, then he can wait a little longer.

If you want to use a client which allows you to connect to way too many hubs simply so you can download a file, then you've come to the wrong place. I can't can't stop you doing this but I'm not going to encourage it. It's because there's no many leechers and people using these clients that I tend to never visit public hubs to download files. Leechers already taking the slots and giving little ot nothing back, so I have no chance.

Closed.