theinvoker

Useful things in search window

19 posts in this topic

Add filter of type of connection like for the size of file (see LDC)

Unite columns users and hits (see RevConnect)

In column Hits,display separatley complete and incomplete sources;something like 23+9......so we can see we have 23 complet sources and 9 incompletes.

Add filter of type of connection like for the size of file (see LDC)

Unite columns users and hits (see RevConnect)

In column Hits,display separatley complete and incomplete sources;something like 23+9......so we can see we have 23 complet sources and 9 incompletes.

partial sources should somehow be displayed in search in RC11 (Lee, can you confirm?)

what comes to two other reqs, i'll consider and perhaps take a look into them...

partial sources should somehow be displayed in search in RC11 (Lee, can you confirm?)

what comes to two other reqs, i'll consider and perhaps take a look into them...

Ok thanks.....i always have new requests so if you want to add something to your client you know who you can ask to.

• Unite users + hits - that's done in RC11
  • Partial sources don't show up in search frame (maybe we can do this)

Updated my post after speaking to Big Muscle.

Personally I would like to see the ability to be able to add more then one filter or criteria to which the search results/hits have to match. I've seen this in another client, in fact the Search "window"/"sidebar" on there was quite well done.

Personally I would like to see the ability to be able to add more then one filter or criteria to which the search results/hits have to match. I've seen this in another client, in fact the Search "window"/"sidebar" on there was quite well done.

you don't by any change mean revconnect or DCStealthy, if so we were planning to port it over but soon figured it was way too much work :)

[*]Unite users + hits - that's done in RC11

i have just downloaded strongDC 2 and this is not done :-(

i have just downloaded strongDC 2 and this is not done :-(

Show me a screenshot of what you mean.

Oh I see. I'll ask Crise to look into it.

Oh I see. I'll ask Crise to look into it.

and what about to display incomplete sources in search window?

and what about to display incomplete sources in search window?

Ok, we'll take a look.

Personally I would like to see the ability to be able to add more then one filter or criteria to which the search results/hits have to match.

I agree

I agree

Unfortunatly, as Crise previously mentioned, he looked into this and considered it to be to much work. There's way too many things for him to do already, so this is understandable. I'd like it myself, maybe in future? :thumbsup:

Why do you need more than one at a time? Personally, I've never had the need to use multiple search filters.

I guess you have more advanced needs :thumbsup:

heh, if I'm on a load of public hub (like never anymore but still) you foten find you get way too many search results, and maybe if you jsut changed your search you could fix that.... but surely it's better to just refine the search and apply more filters client-side then spam all the hubs you on with my searches? :thumbsup:

I used it a few times, but as I say, it's not essential.

I see...

Personally,I just apply a search string in the filter box, then if i don't get the results i've been expected, i just clear the box, hit enter and search for other keywords.

Hehe, it's just if I get too many results that this can be useful. It's quicker than re-searching all the hubs you are on too.