Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevo

Ignore the ID3 tag while hashing

4 posts in this topic

Could Apex strip off the ID3 tags while hashing, similar to what Shareaza does. Shareaza ignores the tags while it hashes the file, but keeps the tags on the file. This way the hashes don't change every time a person changes the tagging, increasing sources for MP3 files that are exactly the same without the tags. I'm not sure if this would be as useful on DC as it is on a P2P network like that, but I thought I'd just throw the idea out there. Plus, if you wanted to check the code out for it, Shareaza is open source anyways.

Split and moved to Feature Requests Kevo. ;)

As for this it might be a good idea, however if something like this were to be done for DC it should be done in DC++ itself rather than in a mod...

As for this it might be a good idea, however if something like this were to be done for DC it should be done in DC++ itself rather than in a mod...

Indeed, if it were just us to do it then Apex would basically hash all MP3s differently to other clients. Definitely a good idea though, just need implementation by all DC clients.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0