Tony

Virtual Directories

12 posts in this topic

I used a client that i cant remember name of, and it allowed you to have for example a folder named Music, on drive D: E: and F: BUt i would allow you to share all three folders under the one name, so the user would see just one folder.

Is it possible to add this feature to Apex at some point ?

Thanks

Tony

Would definitely be useful, unsure of how easy it'd be to implement etc..

Yep, I 2nd this feature request, I've tried to do it with ApexDC++ but it doesn't support it. I'd be good to have this feature.

Out of interest, which other clients support it?

I believe Ldc and Czdc but not sure

you mean a virtual filesystem, the only hard part about that if two files have the same name in the two virtual spaces, then there is a conflict and an error might pop up (if not handled correctly)

i know about a greeeat ftp server that implements a completely virtual filesystem and it is VERY useful (note: http://www.zftpserver.com/ )

here is an example image of the thingy: http://www.zftpserver.com/Images/Screensho...e_Directory.jpg

this is something i have wanted for a very long time, would allow users to transparently put their share on different hard disk drives :)

got my support 1000%

Use "don't keep duplicate files in share". :)

Indeed, and I believe Crise would be able to cope with error handling for that. If it's already in a few client's then we may be able to easily put it across. However, if it's poorly implemented we won't use it, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect this feature to be recoded, at least not until ApexDC++ version 1 final is released. Any large features most likely won't be implemented until we have version1 final released.

The Prob with not duplicating is that a lot of files have the same name but mean other things.

Important.txt is a common one for example.

I think that the duplication checker uses TTH to indentify files.

Last time I checked, it didn't. When I enabled it, downloading NFO files for things was a practical impossibility unfortunately.