Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mikey_69

Apex not working well with some clients...

14 posts in this topic

Can we compile a list of clients that has probs with apex? Could be useful, maybe have a list to work on to minimize the number of clients not playing well with ours....

me guesses clients without TTH, TTHL and TTHF support.

So ones based on DC++ 0.401 ? or earlier not supported ?

(just guessing version ## from dc++ changelog, which says TTHL was added in 0.402).

jupp client without tth support anything under 4.02 core of DC++ they are pretty much labeld in AML (myinfo part) so there is a complete list over old client

Yeah, but that is when Apex try to connect to one of them, but the other way around, which clients have problems connecting to Apex?

I know that older clients, like 0.401 and such have probs due to TTH. But I've heard that some clients can't connect to Apex, for some reason... I thought Apex was really connection friendly, never gotten any grief over people who can't connect to me, but today I got some w(h)ine about that...

Well every client that supports xml filelists works just fine with ApexDC++ as far as uploading goes (because apexdc does not block uploading to clients that don't support tthl, tthf... it only does not download files from these clients)

ahh oki, so all newer clients should work fine? Zk, zion n all of those?

yes zk, dcdm etc. should be able to download from apexdc just fine... (as long as they support xml filelists) however you are not able to download from DCDM nor zk <= 0.666 with ApexDC++.

Edit: and Zion etc. work fine in all ways (Zion especially because it's StrongDC based just like Apex is)

Oh goodie, thanks for the help =)

Can never hurt to have a list of clients that may not work with your client of choice. Very few, which is very good...

Can never hurt to have a list of clients that may not work with your client of choice. Very few, which is very good...

It's basically old clients that aren't complaint with new 'standards'.

Little point in documenting outdated and presumably undeveloped software.

Isn't there some rare cases where Apex and SDC++ can't connect? I know, Apex is based on SDC, but still.

Little point in documenting outdated and presumably undeveloped software.

Can't hurt to know which clients don't work well with Apex. Seeing as people sometimes are really slow with updating their clients, there are still knuckleheads out there who use 0.401 and even older... Also, I've met people who use zk as a share client. And I know people who insists that Apex don't work with anything (almost). Now I know otherwise...

Some OPs (lot of...) still use 0.401 based clients like DCDM++, DCDM++ special, R2++, zK++ 0.666, and there are some old-timer DC users who are still stuck with DC++ 0.401 (or even older!). You may try to convince them to update at least to the latest DC++ if not ApexDC++ because they cause problems with their old clients.

Valkunt starting 0.3.10 works fine with new dc++ based clients (and ApexDC++) both ways.

ShakesPeer 0.9.5 for sure (don't remember if older had own dctag)

SDC++ 1.00 RC9..

PS Generally I banned all clients older then DC++ 0.69 & 0.68 (with small exception for 0.674) based. And I still think I was to tolerant here :) DC is P2P network and not museum. Besidedes it's good for overall both security and compatibility imho.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0