Lee

Your browser of choice

Browsers   34 members have voted

1. 1. What browser do you prefer to use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Opera
    • Other (please state)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

68 posts in this topic

If you ask me, if a site does not work on standards complaint browsers such as Firefox, Opera, Safari etc. then the site is not worth me visiting it. And in general every big site works on all now. So stop visiting crappy OLD obsolete idiotic sites and use a proper browser like IE7 if you so fond of the IE engine. Im not even telling you to switch to alternatives, just dont use obsolete browsers

Actually I have Maxthon 1 and 2, IE7, Opera 10, Firefox 2 and Avant browsers all installed in my PC all latest version. I am trying Maxthon 2 and Opera now (when I´m bored hehe) but still Maxthon 1 is my defoult browser. There are some new cool things in Maxthon 2 but like you say I have to get used to it. Maxthon has plugins and filters aswell as Firefox. Maybe you sould take a look at Maxthon hehe, Maxthon has every thing you need and want in a browser.

I've tried Maxthon in the past, quite a lot before and after namechange, since then I've had a brief look at version 2, which had nothing impressive added, just tried to look nicer.

I didn't release how expandable FF was. IETab is a real good one. It means I can dl windows updates through FF. I know you could before, but I didn't like it.

Windiz Update FTW. :P

I still remember MyIE2 or whatever was it called before Maxthon. If it were build on IE7 from start which by the way was not possible at the time it could have been preety good.

Windiz Update FTW. :P

I tried it, but I always preferred Windows Update through IE7 tbh.....don't hate me!! lol :)

Try Vista it now updates form Control Panel, no need for IE or any other browser.

Try Vista it now updates form Control Panel, no need for IE or any other browser.

Indeed, much better.

I lost ALL faith in Vista through the beta's.

I will try it when they 'ironed out' the bugs.

I lost ALL faith in Vista through the beta's.

I will try it when they 'ironed out' the bugs.

What bugs? THere's too much anti-Vista stuff going around. Fair enough it uses too many resources and all that. The fact is it seems fine, there's no major issues with it, they did rather extensive beta testing of it before release and I don't think there's going to be a service pack for quite a while, it's just not needed. I paid plenty of money for my computer with dual core and all this RAM, may as well make some use of it. There are some advantages to having a 3D desktop, too. Nothing has stopped working on Vista for me. Betas are supposed to have bugs, if you weren't prepared for them you should have waited for a final release... Try it now and see if there are any bugs. :D

Bugs such as random hangs for no given reason.

When it went to screensaver you had to wait 15 minutes to actually use it.

Hackers seem to enjoy crashing it.

There are exploits available already.

Those Bugs

Bugs such as random hangs for no given reason.

When it went to screensaver you had to wait 15 minutes to actually use it.

Hackers seem to enjoy crashing it.

There are exploits available already.

Those Bugs

Any of those still exist? I've not had any issues like that. Exploits are always discovered, but it's been months since release and Microsoft prefers to release "hotfixes" now.All previous versions of Windows have exploits, I don't know of any unpatched ones in Vista which are serious.

I've gotta be honest, I dont know if they still exist. It just 'put me off' vista when I experienced them throughout the beta.

I've gotta be honest, I dont know if they still exist. It just 'put me off' vista when I experienced them throughout the beta.

Ah right, well if you're bored sometime it's worth installing it again. It uses a lot of resources, but if you have them to use, then you may as well. Other than resource usage I can't see many/any disadvantages of using it over XP.

I'll probably dl (sorry, buy) it sometime, but it scares the **** out of me, every other time I installed it lasted less than 24 hours before I re-installed it.

lol, vista rocks, ie 7 rocks, everytime i enter url like "youtube" it starts asking me what isp(dialup username and passwd) to connect to and ****... and it turns offline browsing on too auto. the stuff i always dreamed for :) not talking about asking you did you just opened some window. great security :]

lol2, what 3d desktop? thats what i call 3d desktop for much less resources: 1, 2

btw greg i thought you were a linux guy... :D

btw2 try autopatcher, no need for online update :)

if it wasnt for xp's bsod id still be with my old windoz.

lol, vista rocks, ie 7 rocks, everytime i enter url like "youtube" it starts asking me what isp(dialup username and passwd) to connect to and ****... and it turns offline browsing on too auto. the stuff i always dreamed for :) not talking about asking you did you just opened some window. great security :]

lol2, what 3d desktop? thats what i call 3d desktop for much less resources: 1, 2

btw greg i thought you were a linux guy... :)

btw2 try autopatcher, no need for online update :)

if it wasnt for xp's bsod id still be with my old windoz.

I can use Linux but a few programs are keeping me on Windoz for the moment. Vista updating is superior to XP's. And compiz/beryl/compiz fusion is nice, but has some issues, plus I don't mind Windows using 30MB or so extra of my RAM. I just bought a gig of RAM a few weeks ago, may as well use it. :D

Funnily enough I've even re-installed the family PC with Ubuntu and have to provide supportfor it to my family. :)

I dunno why everyone is treating Vista like some brand new state of the art OS, its just XP on steroids, vastly improved, nothing more. It will act like XP, feel like XP, only difference it will look better. All of your hardware form 3 years back will work. Whats the big deal. Switch youll love it.

ohh and btw. why would you need autopatcher. just get an OEM vista, its "genuine" so all your updates and ultimate extras will be available.

also: if you really want to test your RAM and CPU id suggest you try using sidebar to the fullest (using 45MB of RAM currently, i can live with that) and DreamScene backgrounds (bitching my CPU to a constant usage of 40% both cores, now with that i cant live, that **** is just too much LOL!)

Athlon 64 DualCore 4600+

2GB RAM

I hope you're encouraging the use of copyrighted material Seeker. We actively discourage that. :) For most people the price of Vista probably isn't worth it. I wouldn't pay £££s for an OS which isn't that much better than XP. Vista is just like 2000 to XP than 98 to 2000. I have dual core and 2GB of RAM and it runs fine. However, with 1GB of RAM I did notice that games that would have managed with 1GB on XP needed a little more. If you're single core with 512MB of RAM then it's probably not worth upgrading. However, if you've spend money to build a reasonable spec PC then you may as well get some use out of it.

Seeker's description of it being XP on steriods is fairly accurate.

I am using Opera v9.25 Build 8827 (9.50 {Kestral} beta is good too) after using Firefox 2.+ for almost a year. Might switch back to Firefox if the darn thing ever opens in a timely fashion, just takes toooooooooo long. I want the snap !

For the Vista debate, have a look here >>

http://www.microsplot.com/news/2007/12/anything_speechless_100_things_people_are_really_saying_about_windows_vista

"Microsoft's web site offers us "100 Reasons You'll Be Speechless" over Windows Vista. Quote the copy: "Using Windows Vista for the first time may leave you searching for words".

Er, yes... searching for words, and finding them. After the initial shocked silence, Vista users (and refusers) are anything but speechless. They're speaking loudly, and speaking lots. Saying far more than Microsoft would like them to. Saying things to make even a Ballmer cringe. Vista has struck them downright loquacious. In fact, Vista users are rediscovering words they thought Mom had washed out with that bar of Ivory so long ago." ........

But hey, if it works for you & u enjoy it .... then enjoy it !!! :)