Lee

Your browser of choice

Browsers   34 members have voted

1. 1. What browser do you prefer to use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Opera
    • Other (please state)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

68 posts in this topic

another one for avant browser :wub:

end IE 6 at workplace :wub: (it's the only allowed here yet)

Heh, IE6 doesn't even view the Apex forums (default skin) correctly? Out of interest, what is it that made you choose Avant Browser? Would be interested in why Radox choose Maxthon, too. Pretty much nowhere only works with IE now, by bank says it's IE only, but works perfectly once I mask as IE.

Never understood why Google invested money in Maxthon.

Heh, IE6 doesn't even view the Apex forums (default skin) correctly? Out of interest, what is it that made you choose Avant Browser? Would be interested in why Radox choose Maxthon, too. Pretty much nowhere only works with IE now, by bank says it's IE only, but works perfectly once I mask as IE.

Never understood why Google invested money in Maxthon.

ie6 shows the skin okay, looks just like at home :wub:

about avant .... don't know why ... maybe back in the good old years when all the family used the same computer this one was a stabile and easy to follow browser ... you know, same tabs in one window ( :) ) ... and because of the blocking features of it ... like blocking ad windows, and so on .... and i can easily copy out those pages' addresses with one click and a ctr+c which are not shown while using simply explorer. ..... okay, i know many many browsers have these features now, but .... the others got used to this, and .... me too :) ... so it stayed on my computer (since i have a pc only for myself) ... and as long as it won't mess up all my system, i don't see any reason for changing it to sg else :wub:

so no real reason, but "been using it for several years" .... like how you get a cat? ... you give him once some food, than he comes back, and one day you find that he's your cat, lives at your house :wub:

I am using mainly Firefox, but before was enjoying with Crazy Browser. Do not know whether it is developed anymore. :wub:

Firefox at least for now :wub:

I dunno about security, but there are just things you can't do with Opera... (I was expecting a lot from their widgets when they first came, but was soon disappointed), and until that changes Opera will be on the second place for me, always...

# Adblock Plus

# ColorZilla

# Firebug

# Html Validator

# IE Tab

# Fasterfox

# Gmail Manager

# Linkification

When there is another browser with at least the features of the above extensions (or even close to those) I might consider switching (bold being absolute must), but not before...

Opera has very good Adblock feature. Then only problem is that it doesn't have any good friendly interface to setup, so you must set it up via .ini files. But it's not too bad, because I have just my own AdBlocker.ini and if I install Opera, I just copy this file in it :wub:

Its undeniable that Firefox can have a way more extended feature count that Opera using the right extensions. But the bottom line is that Firefox is slow and uses up too much RAM, tried it, even liked it for a while, then switched back to Opera again and though what the hell was i thinking ;)

Heh, number alone is not, but some are better implemented in Firefox (eg. AdBlock). However, the vast majority are better integrated in Opera. Opera is faster, uses less resources, and was the first browser on Windows to pass the ACID2 test.

AdBlock in Opera is very good, so it doesn't need any improvement except some setup interface (not only set up via .ini files)

Therefor Firefox does look better. The Add-ons in Firefox are way better .. and i dont care if the website opens a hundredth of one millisecond faster with Opera .. ;)

Therefor Firefox does look better. The Add-ons in Firefox are way better .. and i dont care if the website opens a hundredth of one millisecond faster with Opera .. ;)

Heh, this is like owning a slow car Variant version (FF with ****loads of Ext's) or a Ferarri (Opera).... id still want a ferarri even though i cant carry **** when i go on vacation. :angry:

For me Opera is more like a wood based Morgan ... while my Firefox is more like a Benz. You may arrive faster at your destination ... but im more relaxed for sure ;)

:angry: real d00dz dont need gui:

tmp2fu0.th.png

lets play a game: guess the browser ;)

Looks like something i dont want to know .. ;)

p.s. just visited this forum with my cell phone browser .. looks really sweet

Therefor Firefox does look better. The Add-ons in Firefox are way better .. and i dont care if the website opens a hundredth of one millisecond faster with Opera .. B)

Ever tried Opera as your main browser for more than a month? I've tried Firefox for over 6 months as my primary browser (when at version 0.8 I believe) and for other shorter stretches on newer and older versions. It has vastly improved over time and it a worthy browser for people to use, but to get all the features in Firefox that I use in Opera takes a lot of time and results in Firefox using way too many resources for me to use it. There's not nearly enough Firefox-only stuff for me to switch to it as my primary browser. I have it installed with a selection of components but it only gets used once every few days on average. Firefox isn't the fastest browser for anything on any operating. On windows, Opera (although not all the same version) holds the fastest speeds for all of the following:

1. opening the application (this is before Firefox is even using any components)
  2. rendering CSS
  3. rendering tables
  4. running a variety of scripts (maths, DHTML, string manipulation, table manipulation, image swapping and more)
  5. Loading multiple images (with both tests image rendering time as well as how the browser manages it's network connection - admittedly it doesn't use Fasterfox, but Opera can have plenty of connection tweaks too [go to opera:config in browser, or use INI files])
  6. Going back and forward through history
Opera 10 starts up almost 5 times faster than Firefox 2 (2.47sec vs. 11.64). IE even starts up faster. The rendering time of tables and CSS is basically halved, and the latest Opera can move back and forward (and fully the load the page) 6 times faster than Firefox. Opera is significantly faster, it's undeniable, if people are willing to sacrifice speed for features then I understand that, but this is even against vanilla Firefox. Combine the speed with less system resource usage and the generally better integration of features in Opera and it's hard to say Firefox surpasses it much if at all.

Sorry to make such a long post and be so defensive. When people undermine and put down rather significant things, it's a little frustrating.

I'd be interested in someone posting a screenshot of Firefox which is very visually appealing, I believe Opera is superior in how the interface can look, too.

Ok Opera is significantly faster than Firefox. Didn't want to frustrate any one with me ignorant remarks about Opera ... B)

Firefox 4ever

peace ....

Opera is a fast browser by far. But Opera in my opinion doesn't have the customizing available that Firefox has. My vote was Firefox and I have tried Opera and when the day is over I missed my Firefox.

Edited by Mikey

Like others I have tried other browsers like IE, Firefox and Opera but I always go back to my Maxthon classic... why?

Though it´s based on IE that is in second place for security, it brings out all the security you need.. Maxthon has been called the fortress.

I just love the interface that can be easilly changed to your needs and I never get any popups or floating ad´s. Ad´s are stripped out of pages and make load quicker.

If you say Opera is quicker it has to be some ms cos I can´t see it load any faster than Maxthon.

I love the clean up after I close the browser but that is in most browser now and the search bar.

I have alot in favorites and browsers display them diffrently and thats where I hate Firefox. It put my IE favorite in seperate folder, this is not a favorite just for IE, this is the users favorite and all browser´s sould only use it.

I´m not saying it´s perfect but it´s my browser of choise

Opera is a fast browser by far. But Opera in my opinion doesn't have the customizing available that Firefox has. My vote was Firefox and I have tried Opera and when the day is over I missed my Firefox.

Two questions, how long did you try Opera for and what customize possibilities did it lack which Firefox offers?

Like others I have tried other browsers like IE, Firefox and Opera but I always go back to my Maxthon classic... why?

Though it´s based on IE that is in second place for security, it brings out all the security you need.. Maxthon has been called the fortress.

I just love the interface that can be easilly changed to your needs and I never get any popups or floating ad´s. Ad´s are stripped out of pages and make load quicker.

If you say Opera is quicker it has to be some ms cos I can´t see it load any faster than Maxthon.

I love the clean up after I close the browser but that is in most browser now and the search bar.

I have alot in favorites and browsers display them diffrently and thats where I hate Firefox. It put my IE favorite in seperate folder, this is not a favorite just for IE, this is the users favorite and all browser´s sould only use it.

I´m not saying it´s perfect but it´s my browser of choise

You should give Firefox and Opera a go again sometime when you're bored, you might like them. Sounds like you've maybe not used them in a while? Firefox has seen improvement over the last year or even less, its power comes through Extensions and new ones are always being created and improved. If you've not tried Opera since before version 9, then maybe you should, and if it's lacking something then make a quick post on their forums before assuming it's not there. I understand that you're using Maxthon because it's what you know and it's what your comfortable, but if you invest your time into one of these other browsers it might pay off.

Actually I have Maxthon 1 and 2, IE7, Opera 10, Firefox 2 and Avant browsers all installed in my PC all latest version. I am trying Maxthon 2 and Opera now (when I´m bored hehe) but still Maxthon 1 is my defoult browser. There are some new cool things in Maxthon 2 but like you say I have to get used to it. Maxthon has plugins and filters aswell as Firefox. Maybe you sould take a look at Maxthon hehe, Maxthon has every thing you need and want in a browser.

I didn't release how expandable FF was. IETab is a real good one. It means I can dl windows updates through FF. I know you could before, but I didn't like it.

I use IE 6 and Firefox. IE for general use and Firefox for various other things where IE don't work...