Mikey_69

PM Request....

19 posts in this topic

I would like a PM request for the downloads in the statusfield... IE MassPM, so if I'm downloading a file that 20 people is sharing I wanna be able to ask for a slot from all of them... OR for that matter, ask them a question...

Is it possible to implement in the client?

Do you understand that the request is low priority? It's very special use area I think.

You should make the poll. It's usefull.

I would like a PM request for the downloads in the statusfield... IE MassPM, so if I'm downloading a file that 20 people is sharing I wanna be able to ask for a slot from all of them... OR for that matter, ask them a question...

Is it possible to implement in the client?

Why do you need to ask people for a slot? If they can grant you a slot, they would have done so already. Just because you ask nicely doesn't mean they can give you one. Same for those people who beg for one, grab the file and disconnect asap.

I don't think this is required. Maybe mass PM'ing people you're uploading to is a better feature, informing them you are going offline for 30 minutes or something.

Maybe mass PM'ing people you're uploading to is a better feature, informing them you are going offline for 30 minutes or something.

Yes. But spam dangeros.

Yes. But spam dangeros.

It's being polite, not spam.

Just don't ask. There are other peoples in the queue waiting to get the slot also (and for sure I wouldn't like if each user ask me for slot every time he has to wait). Resources like upload are always limited. So stay put and wait for Your turn.

It's being polite, not spam.

Ya-ya! zer gut... Flud it called another word.

Ya-ya! zer gut... Flud it called another word.

Nope, I think Lee is right. I asked for such option some ages time ago. It is useful if you plan an Away of few days, or maintenance, or just share reorganizing. And, if smo is downloading from me, he kinda deserves to know what's up.

Nope, I think Lee is right. I asked for such option some ages time ago. It is useful if you plan an Away of few days, or maintenance, or just share reorganizing. And, if smo is downloading from me, he kinda deserves to know what's up.

It's usefull at all, but... some people well known as userbeasts (ubeas - acronim from russian acronim :thumbsup: , made of "user") are spamming even through scripted antispam.

! But at all the idea is good, I can say.

Well, the thing is, without a granted slot with the segmented downloads (which I for some reason can't get the client to stop using) I will get x segments which is 1mb each. And you will only get a certain number of those 1mb bits before the slot goes elsewhere.

Multisource would be so much better if it would stop chopping everything up into 50 pieces. Can I prevent the client from doing this? I can't even keep slots for whole rar files...

I dont like the idea of getting "Slot begging" or "I'm away" mass PM's. Imagine being in lots of large pub hubs and getting spammed with those.

I dont like the idea of getting "Slot begging" or "I'm away" mass PM's. Imagine being in lots of large pub hubs and getting spammed with those.

I agree. Although having said that, if someone asks for a slot, I generally give it to them. Although I might pm and say in a nice a way as possible, that I don't think it's fair to ask for the aforementioned when others are content to wait.

The only time i think it's fair to ask, is when the person you want to ask is downloading fairly heavily from you.

-1, don't add spamming/flooding features in apex.

why beg for slot? slots are there for a reason. what if everybody starts asking for a slot? thats my opinion, but i rarely give a slot to someone, unless he has shared a lot, asked politely or really deserves it and/or is in a rush. i have even increased my small upload slots size. the more ppl downloading from me i got, the less speed every one of them gets, and who wants to download over 700MB data at 10- KB/s? i got ppl saying "gimme a slot now!!!!" or start threatening me, and guess what - i just ignore them. in some cases ill give them a firewall block (rarely) :angry: (i get to choose who downloads from me...) if i were a hub owner i'd warn/kick/ban every constant slot begger. would you like being spammed with slot requests every minute? i don't think so

Maybe mass PM'ing people you're uploading to is a better feature, informing them you are going offline for 30 minutes or something.

It is useful if you plan an Away of few days, or maintenance, or just share reorganizing. And, if smo is downloading from me, he kinda deserves to know what's up.

you can change your away msg, maybe even your description, add some notify folder to your share. not to mention other things (don't ask)...

imo there are many better feature requests to add to apex atm. just my 2 cents, pls don't start arguing with me - i wont change my mind and i think its clear that this wont be added. ;)

I give slots to people who want something from me which is hard to find from others. If they want some large easily available game/movie I'm not giving them an extra slot. If it's demanded I won't either. If people can't even be bothered to take the time to make a PM asking for the slot and there's enough people for them to mass PM then I'm not going to give a slot. Unless I'm the only source, don't bother asking me.

I give slots to people who want something from me which is hard to find from others. If they want some large easily available game/movie I'm not giving them an extra slot. If it's demanded I won't either. If people can't even be bothered to take the time to make a PM asking for the slot and there's enough people for them to mass PM then I'm not going to give a slot. Unless I'm the only source, don't bother asking me.

exactly :angry:

i'm against this option as well ... with this option even noobs will be able to spam, and the current spammers are more than enough ;)

I don't expect or ask anyone to grant me a slot thus I don't grant slots as well.

I share stuff that almost no one else will, including some stuff I've ripped myself, and if it's a good piece of music or a rare film which I think is very worth watching then I will give someone a slot to download it. However, if I already have loads open and am overstretching my upload then I'll just tel them to wait. I've definitely closed a connection for something easily available to let someone else get something rare instead, in the past. At the moment I don't share anywhere as much as I could or used to so I don't suffer from slot begging.

Ok as the original request of this topic is not going to happen, I don't see a point in keeping this topic open... if you have other concerns please start another thread in appropriate section, thank you B)

Topic Closed